Other kids like Renneck Chimenya who need your support
- Renneck Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Renneck?
YouRenneck lives in Malawi and has a bowed leg, and in Malawi the sort of specialty medical care Renneck needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Renneck who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Renneck grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Renneck has a curable disability! But you can change Renneck's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Renneck right now. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Renneck to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Renneck
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Malawi of Renneck's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Renneck soon will be
This is your chance to change Renneck's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 09/13/2012
- At CURE On 02/27/2013
- Operated On 03/14/2013
- Scheduled For 05/15/2013
5 years old
- 18 Participants
- 510 Views
- 68 Downloads
- Day 189Renneck Chimenya was discharged from CURE Malawi this morning and is scheduled for a future follow up appointment on May 15 in his home district. Here's a picture with his new soccer jersey shortly before leaving the hospital. Learn more at http://bit.ly/TXq23S
Thursday March 21, 2013
- Day 188His mother doesn't have money for transport so Renneck is with us for one more day as we make arrangements. He will leave in the morning, but not before we give him a special gift. We have a few soccer jerseys given to CURE via donation from the UK. We are going to surprise Renneck as he's leaving the hospital. Even in his cast, his mother told us that he constantly talks about getting home and playing soccer again.
Wednesday March 20, 2013
- Day 187Renneck is still being monitored closely but had a really good day. Unless he feels sick tonight or in the morning, he will be discharged tomorrow. We hate to see him go but he's spent more time in the hospital than any other CURE kid over the last 6 months. http://bit.ly/ZI14a0
Tuesday March 19, 2013
- Day 186Renneck had a good weekend but started to develop a fever on sunday afternoon. He lost his appetite and did not eat dinner yesterday. However, he is feeling much better today and the doctors are keeping a close eye on him until wednesday. He will only be discharged if he's feeling 100%. http://bit.ly/118qHWp
Monday March 18, 2013
- Day 182Renneck Chimenya is in recovery at CURE Malawi. Pictures from his surgery will be up soon. He is crying a lot but we are trying to comfort him along with his mother. He doesn't know it but today is the hardest day that he will face and we should see the happy side of Renneck as early as tomorrow. Learn more at http://bit.ly/TXq23S
Thursday March 14, 2013
- Day 181Guess who's finally going to have his knock knees corrected? Renneck has been cleared for surgery tomorrow. Thank God, please remember him tonight and tomorrow in prayer. We will be by his side during prep and his operation. We will comfort this little boy as best we can.
Wednesday March 13, 2013
- Day 176Another blood test for Renneck today, to see if the results match last week's test. We love getting to see Renneck but he's been here too long without treatment, we're getting anxious for him. http://bit.ly/W9zi7d
Friday March 8, 2013
- Day 167Renneck Chimenya is back at CURE Malawi, again. Hopefully, this time, the CURE surgeons wil be given a green light. His blood levels are being checked and he will be reviewed intensely over the next few days. Learn more at http://bit.ly/TXq23S
Wednesday February 27, 2013
- Day 144Renneck has been scheduled to return to CURE on February 24. We can't wait to see him again and HOPEFULLY, he shows up on the scheduled date healthy and ready for surgery.
Monday February 4, 2013
- Day 43Just a quick update on Renneck, he is still being treated at Queens hospital, there isn't an exact return date to CURE. We will let you know when he is healthy enough to return to CURE for surgery. Pray for him, we really want to see him well, the surgery is secondary to his overall health.
Friday October 26, 2012
- Day 25Congratulations! Renneck's funding goal is met!
Monday October 8, 2012
- Day 11Renneck's treatment date has been changed to 10/31/2012
Monday September 24, 2012
- Day 11Not a good update for Renneck. He was checked out by CURE doctors and isn't healthy enough for surgery. He will be discharged to another facility and will return when he is well. He has enlarged kidneys which may be a sign that he needs serious attention. Pray for this boy, he's had it rough with lots of tests and appointments which I know aren't easy for him.
Monday September 24, 2012
- Day 1Renneck is back at CURE for a second time, hopefully this time goes better than the first. He was sent home a couple weeks ago because of a sickness. The doctors will check him out shortly and schedule him for surgery (hopefully). Pray for this little guy!
Thursday September 13, 2012
$1,000 helps CURE Malawi heal Renneck (FAQ's)