Other kids like Marion Syombua who need your support
- Marion Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Marion?
YouMarion lives in Kenya and has untreated burns, and in Kenya the sort of specialty medical care Marion needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Marion who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Marion grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Marion has a curable disability! But you can change Marion's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Marion right now. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Marion to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Marion
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Kenya of Marion's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Marion soon will be
This is your chance to change Marion's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 02/20/2012
- At CURE On 04/25/2012
- Operated On 09/18/2012
- Scheduled For 05/31/2013
- Closed On 05/02/2013
6 years old
- 26 Participants
- 495 Views
- 48 Downloads
- Day 437Marion Syombua's case is complete! Learn more at http://bit.ly/zxcpns
- Day 437Guess who just got discharged? Yep! Marion has now been discharged from our clinic, one year three months after we met her. Talked to her mother, who admitted that the journey has been rough, thus even more reason to be grateful to God for having seen them through. We will of course miss seeing her. Lets whisper a prayer for her, that God will guide her through the rest of her life, and order her steps. http://bit.ly/11EosWx
- Day 347Thank God I took a picture of her while she was still jovial, because as soon as she started having our doctors and physiotherapists reviewing her, her moods totally switched. She had to get staples removed from the surgery site, and that was not an easy process. I feel as if this process has been a bit too much for her and her mother and if I had my way, I would totally carry the burden for them. But that is not doable, so I intensify my prayers for her and her mother, and I pray that you too can make a point of praying for them.
- Day 344Marion and her mom did not come to the clinic on the 16th, but we will be going to their home area, Machakos on Thursday this week. We are really praying that they will be there.
- Day 287Marion Syombua was discharged from CURE Kenya and is scheduled for a future follow up appointment. Learn more at http://bit.ly/zxcpns http://bit.ly/YGmhUg
- Day 287Literally two minutes after his cast change and little man is grubbin' some chai and bread! http://bit.ly/TCui93
- Day 287While all the other kids are crying and nervous about heading back to the OR, look who we found just relaxing and ready to go! : ) This is almost too much to handle !!! http://bit.ly/YGkH54
- Day 287Marion just went back to the OR, doctors are checking his skin graft and changing his dressings! Pictures coming your way!
- Day 284Marion is doing just fine, he will be with us over the weekend! More updates coming your way!
- Day 281Marion's surgery went great! Doctors were able to release the burn contracture on his legs and do a skin graft ! http://bit.ly/SaE0hB
- Day 281Marion is on the surgery board for today! We will let you know when he is coming in !
- Day 211Marion's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 11/26/2012 - thedate has been decided! Marion will be coming back to Kijabe in November for her next surgery, to release the contracture on her left foot.:-) I am looking forward to seeing her.
- Day 207Marion's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 11/08/2012
- Day 207Look who showed up for clinic yesterday, standing bold and confident...Its amazing to see the progress she has made thus far, and I can only stand back and wait to see how much more God will do for her through our doctors. The doctors are now planning for the next procedure, so God willing I will be giving you a date for that in November. http://bit.ly/Q7NvLT
- Day 162Marion's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 09/13/2012 - So, there has been no Marion in any of our clinics here in Kijabe for a while, but I am hoping to talk to her mom to direct her to our next mobile clinic there in September.
- Day 150Marion's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 07/25/2012 - Ok people we are working on finding out information on little miss Marion, I would be thrilled to be able to see that sweet smile this month at a check up! When we have details i will be sure to keep yall in the Loop! Thanks for praying !!
- Day 94Marion's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 06/27/2012
- Day 94A closer look at Marion's legs post surgery. Her healing process has not been the easiest, but I thank God that there is finally hope. There is still a lot that needs to be done, but our doctors are taking her one step at a time. She picked up her plastic brace today, we will be seeing her again in a months time to decide on the next course of treatment. http://bit.ly/KDh57A
- Day 66Marion is scheduled for followup at CURE Kenya
- Day 66Marion has been discharged. Her mother has been taught how to do her dressing changes and her AFO (foot brace) is being molded. We Will be able to fit her at our Machakos clinic in May!!
- Day 65Marion has arrived at CURE Kenya
- Day 65Marion just arrived to get her wounds cleaned up and a dressing change, be praying for her as she was not a happy camper upon arrival! Stay tuned, updates to come!! http://bit.ly/IaqEAr
- Day 43Marion's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 05/24/2012
- Day 43Marion is in recovery at CURE Kenya
- Day 43Welp, forget the 18th...Marion came today for her wound cleaning! After our team got back from the mobile clinic where we saw her, they decided to just ask Jacinta about coming up this week instead of waiting until later. Anyway, doctors were able to get her leg cleaned up and casted, and they should be heading home later today :) http://bit.ly/HboGdp
- Day 39Marion's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 04/18/2012
- Day 39Marion and her mum during the follow up clinic yesterday. She got off the first cast but she had a few raw wounds so she will have to come back to CURE, Kijabe in April to have the wounds cleaned under sedation. Lets be praying for them, I am sure that the trips in and out of hospital are tiring. http://bit.ly/H7vawW
- Day 10Congratulations! Marion's funding goal is met!
- Day 1Marion is scheduled for followup at CURE Kenya
- Day 1Marion and her mom Jacinta :) http://bit.ly/yiwetw
- Day 1This is what her leg looked like when she first came to us to treat the infection on her shin... http://bit.ly/ysLff6
$1,000 helps CURE Kenya heal Marion (FAQ's)