Other kids like Mintesanew Fikadu who need your support
- Mintesanew Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Mintesanew?
YouMintesanew lives in Ethiopia and has clubfoot, and in Ethiopia the sort of specialty medical care Mintesanew needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Mintesanew who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Mintesanew grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Mintesanew has a curable disability! But you can change Mintesanew's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Mintesanew right now. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Mintesanew to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Mintesanew
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Ethiopia of Mintesanew's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Mintesanew soon will be
This is your chance to change Mintesanew's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 05/28/2012
- Scheduled For 05/28/2012
6 years old
- 80 Participants
- 1021 Views
- 72 Downloads
- Day 87Mintesanew's treatment date has been changed to 10/02/2012 - Sorry to have to push his admission date further back once again. We promise he's coming in for surgery! It's the same situation as before, the family is just waiting on his niece (Esene's) full recovery before they put another kiddo in the hospital. Thanks for all of the patience and support!
Thursday August 23, 2012
- Day 71We spoke with Mintesanew's brother-in-law today, which is funny, but he was here with his daughter, which is Esene (Mintesanew's niece), and he said that Mint is no longer sick, but due to transportation issues, they were waiting for Esene's treatment to be complete before they brought him back to CURE. Since she got her cast off today, that means that hopefully they'll be scheduling that appointment for him soon.
Tuesday August 7, 2012
- Day 65Mintesanew's treatment date has been changed to 08/21/2012 - We spoke with Mintesanew's family, and he is still sick. It's the rainy season in Ethiopia, and a lot of times when children get ill, they don't get healthy right away. We're still praying for his recovery from his cold so that we can start praying for his operation and recovery from that. We don't have an exact date yet for his return, but we'll hope it's within the next month or so.
Wednesday August 1, 2012
- Day 38Congratulations! Mintesanew's funding goal is met!
Thursday July 5, 2012
- Day 29Mintesanew's treatment date has been changed to 07/10/2012 - He's sick so he wasn't able to make it in for admission. He's got the flu. Let's pray that he gets well quickly!
Tuesday June 26, 2012
- Day 1With his niece, Esene http://bit.ly/Ki0CKF
Monday May 28, 2012
$2,000 helps CURE Ethiopia heal Mintesanew (FAQ's)