Other kids like Grace Athian who need your support
Grace's Case is Complete!
- 10 Participants
- 513 Views
- 71 Downloads
- 02/23/2012 Grace's case is complete
- 02/23/2012 Well, little Aguem/Grace said goodbye to us on Wednesday and headed into Nairobi to set up camp for 6 months. Because of her other health complications, we won't ever be able to operate on her back, but by treating the tuberculosis, we can prevent it from getting worse! So at this point, I'm hoping you'll keep her and her grandmother in your prayers as Aguem continues getting the TB treated & hopefully learns some English while in the city :) You guys are awesome, and I can't thank you enough for your support throughout this process. http://bit.ly/xmvDJ8
- 02/20/2012 Ok, so here's what's going on...surgery was on for last week, but then her heart condition came into question, so surgery was off. A pediatrician checked that out, and cleared her for surgery. Then her breathing and lung health was a concern. So now surgery is off again. Since tuberculosis seems to be the culprit of her spine deformity, we're treating her with TB meds & doing breathing exercises with her. They'll be here until Wednesday, then stay in country for about 6 months in hopes of getting her health on track for surgery again. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers please. In the meantime, little "Grace" sure has been having fun in the ward, and was quite entertained when we showed her a Get Well message from a supporter! And her grandmother has learned how to use a cell phone...upside down, but at least it's a start : ) http://bit.ly/xvXKZN
- 02/14/2012 Look who's here :) After an exhausting journey of "firsts" (car, plane, hospital, etc), Grace & her crew arrived late this afternoon! Your prayers have been invaluable, so please keep them coming as she gets settled in and as doctors plan for her surgery. http://bit.ly/w4xphC
- 02/14/2012 Grace has arrived at CURE Kenya
- 01/26/2012 Congratulations! Grace's funding goal is met!
- 01/19/2012 Grace and her grandmother http://bit.ly/xgjJr8
- 01/19/2012 Grace's real name is Aguem Wol Athian, but Tammy just calls her Grace :) http://bit.ly/x9E5Xg
We must raise $1000 to support this life-changing procedure for Grace at CURE Kenya. (FAQ's)