Stocks and Mutual Funds
If you have stock that you have owned for over one year, you may donate it to CURE International and use its fair market value on your gift date as the amount of your donation, something that benefits you and CURE:
- You are not required to pay any capital gains taxes on it because you have donated rather than sold it
- CURE receives the full value of stock (less broker fees)
Gifts of Real Estate
You can donate real estate such as homes, condos, farmland, commercial or rental property and undeveloped land in variety of ways:
- Make an outright gift
- Give a fractional interest in a property
- Donate your home today and continue living in it for your lifetime.
The benefits of giving real estate include:
- Income-tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate
- No capital gains tax on transferred appreciated property
- Elimination of expenses and responsibility of owning property
Gifts of Insurance
For an insurance policy that has outlived its originally intended purpose, you can give your life insurance policy to CURE today and receive a charitable income tax deduction. Consider naming CURE International as partial, full or contingent beneficiary of your life insurance policy. You will continue to own and can make CURE a beneficiary of the policy during your lifetime. The policy will be included in your taxable estate when you pass away, and your estate will benefit from a tax charitable deduction for the value of the gift to CURE International.
Gift of Grain, Livestock & Other Commodities
If you produce commodities, such as grain and livestock, you can give by selling the product in CURE’s name. This is a great way to use your assets to help the most vulnerable around the world.
For questions related to stock or other asset gifts, please fill out the contact form below and we will contact you to provide the information you need to maximize the impact of your gift around the world.