Other kids like Gift Nkhoma who need your support
Gift's Case is Complete!
- 25 Participants
- 363 Views
- 74 Downloads
- 02/18/2013 Gift Nkhoma's case is complete! He has been referred to the University Teaching Hospital to continue recovering and it seems our part in his journey is done. Thank you all for the support and care that made Gift's treatment possible.
- 02/15/2013 Congratulations! We met Gift's funding goal together!
- 02/14/2013 A photo of our nurses visiting with Gift and his auntie. http://bit.ly/12EgtIy
- 02/13/2013 Gift and his aunt now have some company on the neuro side of the ward since the neurosurgeon returned from India.
- 02/12/2013 Gift gets bigger and more active every day. http://bit.ly/12bgpo8
- 02/11/2013 Though communication is limited, Gift's aunt and I were still able to say "Good morning" to each other.
- 02/08/2013 The official report: Gift's wound is granulating well, meaning the skin is becoming grainy as a necessary part of the healing process. It is clean with no sign of pus, but the nurses must continue with the dressing changes. He's been taken off antibiotics, unless the pus or redness returns. Though Gift has spent nearly a month in the hospital, it has been more than worth it.
- 02/07/2013 He's awake!! http://bit.ly/14FKJFX
- 02/06/2013 Still wound cleaning! This may be the longest time that a patient has stayed in recovery at Beit CURE Hospital...
- 02/05/2013 It's rare to see Gift awake... http://bit.ly/VAHXfv
- 02/04/2013 Seems like Gift is here to stay! http://bit.ly/Vz3oxn
- 02/01/2013 It's possible that Gift may be sent home over the weekend, but for now he'll remain in the ward.
- 01/31/2013 Gift's wound is finally starting to clear up. Maybe he and his family will be able to go home soon!
- 01/30/2013 Sleeping, as usual! http://bit.ly/Wx1xMT
- 01/28/2013 The doctor's notes look about the same: sleeping well, feeding well, wound still septic (infected). His aunt was taking a nap while his mother Memory watched a movie playing in the ward!
- 01/25/2013 Gift is still on antibiotics because his wound isn't healing well. Like any newborn, all he seems to do is sleep. Maybe we will start to see more of his personality in the coming days.
- 01/24/2013 Quite the expression... http://bit.ly/XZTDuo
- 01/22/2013 Though Gift has been doing well, his wound is discharging pus and will need dressing changes more often. He'll likely stay in the ward for a while yet.
- 01/18/2013 Our baby now has a name - it's Gift! http://bit.ly/STLqKf http://bit.ly/Walvd5
- 01/16/2013 Baby of Memory Nkhoma is in recovery at CURE Zambia. Learn more at http://bit.ly/VqTm4K
- 01/11/2013 The neruo surgeon has decided to save Baby's surgery until Monday.
- 01/10/2013 Baby of Memory Nkhoma has arrived at CURE Zambia. Learn more at http://bit.ly/UCmu5i
- 01/10/2013 He should be having surgery on Friday to repair the deformity on his spine. http://bit.ly/Xms3qN
- 01/10/2013 Memory's baby was born on Christmas Eve! http://bit.ly/XmrVaI