Other kids like Gift Nkhoma who need your support
- Gift Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Gift?
YouGift lives in Zambia and has spina bifida, and in Zambia the sort of specialty medical care Gift needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Gift who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Gift grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Gift has a curable disability! But you can change Gift's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Gift right now. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Gift to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Gift
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Zambia of Gift's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Gift soon will be
This is your chance to change Gift's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 01/08/2013
- At CURE On 01/08/2013
- Operated On 01/15/2013
- Closed On 03/09/2013
less than 1 year old
- 25 Participants
- 355 Views
- 35 Downloads
- Day 39Gift Nkhoma's case is complete! He has been referred to the University Teaching Hospital to continue recovering and it seems our part in his journey is done. Thank you all for the support and care that made Gift's treatment possible.
Monday February 18, 2013
- Day 36Congratulations! We met Gift's funding goal together!
Friday February 15, 2013
- Day 35A photo of our nurses visiting with Gift and his auntie. http://bit.ly/12EgtIy
Thursday February 14, 2013
- Day 34Gift and his aunt now have some company on the neuro side of the ward since the neurosurgeon returned from India.
Wednesday February 13, 2013
- Day 33Gift gets bigger and more active every day. http://bit.ly/12bgpo8
Tuesday February 12, 2013
- Day 32Though communication is limited, Gift's aunt and I were still able to say "Good morning" to each other.
Monday February 11, 2013
- Day 29The official report: Gift's wound is granulating well, meaning the skin is becoming grainy as a necessary part of the healing process. It is clean with no sign of pus, but the nurses must continue with the dressing changes. He's been taken off antibiotics, unless the pus or redness returns. Though Gift has spent nearly a month in the hospital, it has been more than worth it.
Friday February 8, 2013
- Day 28He's awake!! http://bit.ly/14FKJFX
Thursday February 7, 2013
- Day 27Still wound cleaning! This may be the longest time that a patient has stayed in recovery at Beit CURE Hospital...
Wednesday February 6, 2013
- Day 26It's rare to see Gift awake... http://bit.ly/VAHXfv
Tuesday February 5, 2013
- Day 25Seems like Gift is here to stay! http://bit.ly/Vz3oxn
Monday February 4, 2013
- Day 22It's possible that Gift may be sent home over the weekend, but for now he'll remain in the ward.
Friday February 1, 2013
- Day 21Gift's wound is finally starting to clear up. Maybe he and his family will be able to go home soon!
Thursday January 31, 2013
- Day 20Sleeping, as usual! http://bit.ly/Wx1xMT
Wednesday January 30, 2013
- Day 18The doctor's notes look about the same: sleeping well, feeding well, wound still septic (infected). His aunt was taking a nap while his mother Memory watched a movie playing in the ward!
Monday January 28, 2013
- Day 15Gift is still on antibiotics because his wound isn't healing well. Like any newborn, all he seems to do is sleep. Maybe we will start to see more of his personality in the coming days.
Friday January 25, 2013
- Day 14Quite the expression... http://bit.ly/XZTDuo
Thursday January 24, 2013
- Day 12Though Gift has been doing well, his wound is discharging pus and will need dressing changes more often. He'll likely stay in the ward for a while yet.
Tuesday January 22, 2013
- Day 8Our baby now has a name - it's Gift! http://bit.ly/STLqKf http://bit.ly/Walvd5
Friday January 18, 2013
- Day 6Baby of Memory Nkhoma is in recovery at CURE Zambia. Learn more at http://bit.ly/VqTm4K
Wednesday January 16, 2013
- Day 1The neruo surgeon has decided to save Baby's surgery until Monday.
Friday January 11, 2013
- Day 1Baby of Memory Nkhoma has arrived at CURE Zambia. Learn more at http://bit.ly/UCmu5i
Thursday January 10, 2013
- Day 1He should be having surgery on Friday to repair the deformity on his spine. http://bit.ly/Xms3qN
Thursday January 10, 2013
- Day 1Memory's baby was born on Christmas Eve! http://bit.ly/XmrVaI
Thursday January 10, 2013
$2,000 helps CURE Zambia heal Gift (FAQ's)