Values & Standards
CURE’s Core Values
The character of CURE and the outpouring of the organization’s work are rooted in five Core Values:
- Being Christlike—CURE values reflecting Jesus with compassion to those we serve.
- Being Childlike—CURE values a child’s passion for life and dependence on God in how we think, live, and love.
- Integrity—CURE values doing what we say and saying what we do.
- Restoring the Broken—CURE values taking action in responding to the physical and spiritual needs of those without voice and resources.
- Intentional Relationships—CURE values collaborative partnerships that cultivate trust and authenticity.
CURE’s Essential Standards
Every CURE hospital and program strives to meet the following Essential Standards:
- Excellence in Action: CURE delivers first-world quality patient care and program administration in underserved countries, while training national professionals to continue this level of service into the future.
- Intentional Spiritual Ministry: CURE seamlessly integrates proclamation of the kingdom of God into the delivery of medical care and training in a culturally sensitive fashion, taking into account varying levels of corporate (group) and individual receptiveness to the gospel.
- Operational & Financial Sustainability: In order to sustain our impact for generations to come, CURE employs entrepreneurial methods to generate revenue both globally and in the countries we serve, while continuing to nurture the personal and professional lives of those who care for our children and families, maintaining the highest possible quality of facilities and equipment, and developing intentional relationships with local partners to further medical, spiritual, and training activities.
- Ongoing Monitoring & Evaluation: CURE regularly measures and analyzes the effectiveness of its facilities and programs utilizing standardized metrics and network-wide IT infrastructure, adjusting our practices as needed to conform with our Core Values, Essential Standards, and other StratOp goals.
CURE’s Short-Term Missions Values
- Both Physical and Spiritual Healing – everything done while in country should reflect excellence in work ethic and personal character. CURE International is an unapologetically Christian organization and we request that all participants respect that basis of faith while honoring the laws of the land in which we operate.
- Respect and Relationships – CURE is based on relationships and relational care. The overall value of your work is not only impacted by how much you get done, but also by your attitude in doing it. Work hard, but focus on the relationships with the staff and patients. Each volunteer is asked to honor, encourage, and submit to our in-country staff.
- Financial Responsibility – our goal is that short-term volunteers cover their in-country expenses. The hospital you are serving is run with excellence, which may be quite a contrast to the surrounding region. However, the financial needs within CURE are great. You are encouraged to raise funds for CURE International before and after your trip. Please do not give gifts to individuals or other organizations on the field during your trip unless you clear it with the host ahead of time.
- Training and education — CURE is a medical training facility, and we value short-term medical professionals who come not only to practice but also to teach. We hope this cross-cultural experience expands your worldview as you begin to make missions a lifestyle.
- Decision Making – The Hospital Leadership Team makes all final decisions on your participation and opportunities. Good pre-trip dialogue with the Global Outreach staff regarding your trip will help set expectations.