Dr. Rick Gardner
Chief Medical Officer / Ethiopia, Medical
Rick Gardner serves as the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for CURE International and the Medical Director at CURE Ethiopia. As CMO, Dr. Gardner engages regularly with the Medical Directors of each CURE hospital and is an active participant on the CURE Executive Leadership Team.
He completed his surgical training in the UK and spent his fellowship at the Hospital for Sick Children, in Toronto, Canada. His first introduction to CURE was in 2009 as a surgical fellow at CURE Malawi. Seeing the burden of childhood disability firsthand in Sub-Saharan Africa and the impact that CURE was having in the country were instrumental in his move to Ethiopia. He has served at CURE Ethiopia since September 2013, both as a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon and as the Medical Director.
Dr. Gardner is married to Anne, a microfinance consultant, and they have three children.
AHA Training Center and CQI Coordinator / Medical
Nurse Consultant / Medical
- EthiopiaCURE Ethiopia Children's Hospital
- KenyaAIC-CURE International Hospital of Kenya
- MalawiBeit CURE International Hospital
- NigerCURE Hôpital des Enfants au Niger
- PhilippinesTebow CURE Hospital
- United Arab Emirates Kanad Hospital
- UgandaCURE Children's Hospital of Uganda
- ZambiaBeit CURE Hospital of Zambia
- CURE Neuroformerly CURE Hydrocephalus & Spina Bifida
- Board of Directors
- Management TeamCURE's global management team
- Global Outreach
- Human Resources
- Spiritual Ministry