In a devotion from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, I was moved by his profound insight on how best we can engage God, particularly between our moves and His moves, our will and His will, our way and His way, our timing and His timing. Chambers emphasis the need to leave room for God. He says, “As servants of God, we must learn to make room for Him—to give God ‘elbow room.’ We plan and figure and predict that this or that will happen, but we forget to make room for God to come in as He chooses…The way to make room for Him is to expect Him to come, but not in a certain way. No matter how well we may know God, the great lesson to learn is that He may break-in at any minute.”
As we get to pray, may we give God ‘elbow room’ to come in as He decides, remaining in constant touch with Him with a constant state of expectancy. His surprising power can break through at any point and any time!
Senior Director, Spiritual Ministry
Please pray for the containment of the coronavirus and for the health and safety of our co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and patients.
- Praise God for the opportunity to minister to our patients and caregivers even during the COVID pandemic
- Praise God for the 26 patients and guardians who invited Jesus as their Lord and Savior
- Pray for our spiritual ministry team as we prepare pastor’s training in three locations this month
- Pray for the second tour of the presidential election in Niger to be peaceful
- Pray for enhanced security at the Niger border – many of the border areas are in danger and innocent people are being killed.
- Pray for all our children and caretakers
- Pray for the stability and peace of Uganda after the elections
- Pray for the safety and protection of the hospital from the COVID virus
- Pray that God would encourage our staff
- Pray for our patients to have open hearts when we present the gospel
- Praise God for 105 faith expressions!
- Pray for the health and protection of our patients, their families, and our staff
- Pray for peace and stability in the north and west of Ethiopia
- Pray for the upcoming mobile clinic in Gondar town – for safe travel, open doors for the gospel, and good reception from the children and their families.
- Pray for God’s protection as we serve children and families at the hospital
- Pray that God will sustain the hospitals needs in caring for patients
- Pray for wisdom and provision, as we continue preparations to comply with the government’s mandate to provide bed capacity for COVID-19 patients
- Pray for the safe return of Dr. Andrew and Sarah Hodges
- Praise God that we have been able to continue with surgeries and ministry during the pandemic
- Pray for protection from COVID for our co-workers, patients, and guardians