January 2021 Prayer Guide
New Year, Renewed Hope
Welcome to the new year, and thank you for your consideration to pray.
Some of us have begun the year with celebrations, while others are dealing with a tribulation path. Regardless of how the year is unfolding, the fact that God added another day to our lives indicates that He is not done with us. His assignment to us is not over yet. Graciously, “His steadfast love never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23- ESV).
Therefore, as we pray, may we approach God with renewed hope that this added opportunity means He is not tired of our prayers, nor does He have a dustbin for them. He promises to supply our needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Phi 4:19).
Paul Tripp says, “I may not understand what is happening, and I may not know what is coming around the corner, but I know that God does and that He controls it all. So even when I am confused, I can have hope because my hope does not rest on my understanding, but on God’s goodness and His rule.” Amen.
Senior Director, Spiritual Ministry
Please pray for the containment of the coronavirus and for the health and safety of our co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and patients.
- Praise God for sustaining our institution throughout 2020 and for all the successful surgeries and faith expressions!
- Pray that the changes in our Bible studies will be practical, efficient, and effective.
- Pray for peace and stability for the Tigray region.
- Pray for the government of Ethiopia as they try and lead the country in peace.
- Pray for the upcoming conflict management and resolution training.
- Pray for our patients to have an open heart to receive Jesus
- Praise God for limiting COVID-19 from spreading among staff, patients, and guardians at the hospital.
- Praise God for healing the staff members that have been in quarantine from positive COVID tests.
- Pray for 2021 to be a successful year in ministry with staff, patients, guardians, and the community.
- Pray for the presidential elections happening this week and that it will be peaceful.
- Pray against COVID deaths, which have been escalating every day in the country.
- Pray for the safety of the hospital, our staff, and our patients.
- Pray that the Lord may continue to guide us and be with us as we start 2021.
- Pray for the safety of our staff, patients, and guardians from COVID-19
- Pray that God will help the church realize the times that we are in and stand for the truth
- Pray for the increasing number of cases of COVID-19 to decrease in the Davao region, where the hospital is located
- Pray for the good health and safety of our staff, as we continue to serve our patients and their families
- Pray for wisdom for our Senior Management Team as they have important issues and decisions to make
- Pray for the ability of volunteers and patients outside of Davao to be able to come to the hospital
- Pray for protection for staff, patients, and guardians as they commute via public transportation
- Pray for the prompt return of our doctors, as flights coming to Davao from other countries with the new COVID variant have been canceled
- Pray for the Lord’s intervention to stop the spread of COVID and for the healing and protection of our staff and patients
- Pray for renewed strength for our staff as we start 2021
- Pray for God’s word to have a great impact in all of our lives – that there be vivid spiritual transformation