November 2020 Prayer Guide
The Greatness of God’s Love
Life and literature are filled with people who loved someone or something more than their own life. As such, it could be said of them that they held love better than life. For David, the love of God was more precious than his own life. In Psalm 63: 3, while in the wilderness of Judah, probably fleeing the rebellion of Absalom, David said, “Because your love is better than life, my lips shall praise You (NIV).” The loving-kindness of God motivated David to pursue Him, for it was better and more meaningful to him than life itself. This meant, David both knew and experienced something of God’s love that many believers today do not know and experience. One commentator elaborates:
- People regard life as natural; David regarded God’s great love as natural.
- People enjoy life; David enjoyed God’s great love.
- People value life; David valued God’s great love.
- People will sacrifice to live; David would sacrifice for God’s great love.
- People want to give life to others; Davie wanted to give God’s great love.
- People despair without the sense of life; David despaired without the sense of God’s great love.
Indeed, “To dwell with God is better than life at its best; life at ease, in a palace, in health, in honor, in wealth, in pleasure; yes a thousand lives are not equal to the eternal life which abides in Jehovah’s smile.” (Spurgeon) Even though we may be weary in life, let’s cheer-up friends – for no one was ever yet found weary of the love and favor of God. Let us pray with hopeful and joyful hearts desiring God’s love, which is better than life, satisfies fully, and stirs up praise to Him.
Serving together for His kingdom
Senior Director, Spiritual Ministry
Please pray for the containment of the coronavirus and for the health and safety of our co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and patients.
- Praise God for the expansion and renovation of the ward
- Pray for order and peace during this campaign season and for the elections process.
- Pray for our patients, caretakers, and that our ministry may transform may hearts
- Pray for Amanuel, a patient fighting cancer
- Pray for the upcoming mobile clinic at Fitche town. We will be seeing 60 new patients.
- Pray for Ethiopia’s peace and stability. There is war in the northern part of the country.
- Pray for the families of those who lost their loved ones because of the mass killings that happened in Western Ethiopia.
- Pray for the ongoing COVID situation – children have been away from school for 8 consecutive months.
- Praise God for the completion of the patient hostel.
- Pray for the Lord’s grace upon all staff and the preparation of Christmas celebrations
- Pray for the strength and perseverance of our staff while working in the midst of the COVID pandemic.
- Pray for Pastor PJ Deposa as he prepares to speak to our staff about promoting mental health and wellness.
- Pray for our Senior Management Team as they make decisions for our hospital.
- Pray for the Lord to help us fill our open staff positions with the right people.
- Praise God for the expansion of the ward and the establishment of our Intensive Care Unit.
- Pray for outreach ministries this month.