October 2020 Prayer Guide
Faith Like a Child
17 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” Luke 18:17 (NIV)
What does it mean to have faith like a child? We hear this term a lot, as people often talk about faith like a child, or child-like faith. It is even found among the values of CURE – to be childlike. And yet, it isn’t always clear what people mean when they speak of faith like a child. Many times, people assume that it means to have faith in God that is an innocent, unquestioning faith. It means having a faith that knows the truth and accepts the truth in a simple, straightforward way.
However, if either you have been around children – in one of the CURE hospitals or your own home, you know that this is not a very realistic portrayal of what children are like. Children love asking questions! They are filled with curiosity and wonder at the world around them, as they encounter new and unfamiliar things every day. This is part of what makes children so amazing! They never get tired of learning new things and of trying to figure out the way the world works. As we grow older, we lose some of this curiosity and excitement to learn. We start to think that we know how the world works, and we stop asking questions. We become set in our ways; rigid, cynical, and almost immune to awe.
We need to learn from children. They question everything, but not in a skeptical way. They ask questions because they truly want to know, and they are full of confidence that their questions will be answered. We need to remember how to have faith like a child: question everything, but also trust that God has the answer. No matter how much we learn, we will never know everything, and the beauty of the world will never run out.
Serving together for His kingdom
Director, Grants Acquisition and Management
Please pray for the containment of the coronavirus and for the health and safety of our co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and patients.
- Praise God for our mobile clinic in September.
- Praise God for 21 patients and guardians who accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- Pray for peace and order to be maintained in Niger during the upcoming elections.
- Pray for the recovery of many of our patients with malaria.
- Pray for the Nurse Team and their understanding and application of the lessons in the Kingdom Agenda bible study they are following.
- Pray for healing for a patient that has lost some relatives due to a road accident.
- Pray for our co-workers as they adapt to changes.
- Praise God for those that have recovered from COVID-19.
- Praise God for the relative peace in the country of Ethiopia.
- Pray for the western part of the country where there are rebel fights
- Pray for Kalkidan, a patient who came back after breaking her hip.
- Pray for Mahlet, a patient that accepted Jesus during her stay in the ward.
- Pray for the locust affected areas of Ethiopia
- Pray for the flooded areas, more than 200,000 people are affected.
- Pray for immediate food and shelter provision.
- Pray for wisdom for our Senior Management Team as they make decisions in response to the pandemic and government regulations.
- Pray for our new hires – that they may be able to adjust well to their new roles.
- Pray for more hunger and thirst for the Word of God and spiritual things among our co-workers.
- Pray that children with treatable disabilities find their way to our hospital.
- Pray for the political atmosphere of Uganda and for a smooth and peaceful process.
- Pray for the hospital as we strive to introduce people to the Lord.
- Pray for the safety and protection of all co-workers at the hospital.
- Pray for successful surgical operations among our patients and for their emotional healing.
- Pray for spiritual transformation among our patients, caregivers, and co-workers.
- Pray that the study material on work as worship will impact our co-workers.
- Praise God for the ongoing construction work on the ICU and the expansion of the wards.
- Praise God for the new faith expressions we have witnessed.
- Pray for the scheduled mobile clinics and proclamation of God’s kingdom among patients.
Prayer Requests are closed for this month.