September 2020 Prayer Guide
One may ask, is it biblical to pray for the same thing repeatedly, or do we only ask once? Luke 11:5-13 records the parable of a man who went to his friend at midnight, knocked repeatedly on his friend’s door, and received his requests – not because of their friendship but because of his persistence. In Luke 18:1-7, Jesus talked of a widow who received her request from the unjust ruler because of her persistence. In Psalms, David made consistent prayer requests to God. Jesus prayed three times regarding the cross (Mathew 26:36-46). All these are examples of persistent and expectant prayers.
Our repeated asking is not a sign that we do not have faith in God, or we do not trust that He heard our prayers. Indeed through our prayer requests, we honor God; we reveal the desires of our hearts and admit our inadequacy and His adequacy. Therefore, we can repeatedly bring God the same requests and rest in the fact that His response will be best for us.
However, in our persistence, we should be willing to patiently listen and submit to God’s will. His ways are not ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). His timing is not ours. So, He desires both our persistence and our submission. In 2 Cor. 12:8-9, Paul prayed three times, and God refused his request. Interestingly, Paul ceased from praying over it not because he gave up or thought it inappropriate to ask God more than three times, but because he received an answer – apparently, it was a No.
I invite you for another month of persistent prayers, patiently listening, and ready to submit to God’s will. Amen.
Serving together for His kingdom
CURE Senior Director, Spiritual Ministry
Please pray for the containment of the coronavirus and for the health and safety of our co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and patients.
- Praise God for the chapel which is in the final stages of completion.
- Praise God for the ward expansion and renovation works that kicked off last week.
- Praise God for the ability and strength to continue serving in the midst of the pandemic
- Pray for the political atmosphere as we draw near to the elections
- Pray for the work on the chapel and ward expansion
- Pray for continued protection against the spread of COVID-19
- Praise God that 12 of our staff members successfully completed the first 3 lessons of the God Kingdom Agenda
- Praise God for 18 patients and guardians who accepted Jesus Christ in August
- Praise God for our medial director who arrived safely and has started surgeries
- Pray for our co-workers and their families, many are sick with malaria. May the Lord heal them and protect us.
- Pray for God’s support for many Nigeriens who were victims of the flood in August.
- Praise God for the ongoing construction of the ICU at our hospital
- Praise God for the new faith expressions we have witnessed
- Pray for our staff to strengthen their relationship with Christ
- Pray for the spiritual ministry including clinics, training, and proclaiming God’s kingdom
- Pray for Pemphero. He is a patient that was discharged with frames, due to COVID-19, to avoid infections.
- Pray for God’s wisdom in working with patients during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Praise God for the spiritual revival that is occurring
- Pray for the launch of the patient hostel once it is fully completed
- Pray that God will continue to bring patients to our hospital that need help
- Pray for unity and teamwork for our staff as we continue on our mission to heal the sick and proclaim the kingdom of God
- Pray for good health, wisdom, peace, comfort, and protection for the members of our Ministry Team
- Pray that we can share the gospel with more people at the free clinics each week
- Pray for God’s abundant provisions so that our operations can continue and flourish
Prayer Requests are closed for this month.