August 2020 Prayer Guide
Fear Not, Faint Not, and Forget Not because God is still Sovereign Amidst Affliction.
The month of August has been a challenge for CURE hospitals. COVID-19 cases in the areas we serve are still rising, and so is fear and anxiety. It’s quite possible that many are still asking, who is in control? Good or evil? God or Satan? Christ or coronavirus?
Psalm 97:1 makes a profound theological affirmation with a universal affection when it says, “The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice.”
The Lord reigns means Yahweh is sovereign. He is still in charge. He cannot be moved. He cannot be dethroned. He is unshakable. He is in control. He is where He was even before this pandemic came. This truth reminds me of the hymn “He’s got the whole world in His Hands.” That is to say, health and sickness are in His hands, no matter how long this pandemic remains or comes closer to us, He’s got us in His hands – Hallelujah!
Because the Lord reigns, we should respond to Him with gladness and rejoicing. We should approach Him with joy and confidence. Above all, He promises nothing will separate us from His love (Rom 8:34-39). He is a loving and caring father.
Let us remember that even amidst our afflictions, God’s sovereignty remains. Therefore, fear not, faint not, and forget not His promises, present, and power. Let us pray.
Serving together for His kingdom,
CURE Senior Director, Spiritual Ministry
Please pray for the containment of the coronavirus and for the health and safety of our co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and patients.
- Praise God for what He is doing through us for the people that committed their lives to Christ in July.
- Praise God for being with us during this fiscal year and for granting us strength, wisdom, and success.
- Pray for the patients and guardians who have committed their lives to Christ. They need the spiritual food and protection of the Holy Spirit from the persecution that they may face.
- Pray for the hospital, that God may shield us from the COVID-19 virus – so that we can continue serving these very vulnerable children.
- Pray for wisdom and guidance for our Senior Management Team as we navigate through these difficult times.
- Pray for the safety and protection of our patients and their guardians
- Pray for the good health, safety, and protection of our medical staff and all our co-workers who are directly interacting with patients and guardians
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to continue working as we resume activities at the hospital
- Pray for the Holy Spirit’s leading as we prepare our evangelistic program and team-building retreat.
- Praise God for the opportunity to use radio and TV for building awareness of CURE’s services
- Praise God for our new Executive Director, Frieda Phiri.
- Praise God for the relative peace in Ethiopia
- Pray for the leadership of Ethiopia and for peace.
- Pray for the flood-affected regions in Ethiopia and those who need immediate help.
- Pray for the successful treatment of a patient with cancer. We meet him every week for physiotherapy.
- Praise God for sustaining our hospital despite challenges brought by COVID-19.
- Praise God for the people that accepted Jesus as their Savior this month
- Pray for our staff to grow in their faith as they read the Word of God and to bear fruit that leads to the advancement of God’s kingdom
- Pray for successful mobile clinic activities, patient ministry, and staff discipleship.
Prayer Requests are closed for this month.