June 2020 Prayer Guide
Navigating through the Crossroads of Life
Acts 16:6-15 [6 Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. 7 When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. 8 So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas..].
We all have moments of confusion, discouragement, and frustration – when we are not sure whether to stop, turn, or proceed. Moments, where patience is critical, and listening to a higher voice, is paramount.
Paul was not new to crossroads during his missionary journeys. At times he had to wait, turn, and others had to proceed, but in all, God remained his Divine Navigator. Paul maintained an active prayer life and opened his heart to God’s leading. When the Lord spoke, he rightly obeyed Him (v8). As a result, he made the right moves, went where the need was most, utilized his gifts better, left the highest impact, built relationships that supported him in ministry and fulfilled the will of God.
COVID-19 disruptions have left many at crossroads. Thankfully, God, our Divine Navigator, is ready to intervene. May we connect with Him through active prayer life, know He is in control, seek and listen to Him for directions, and learn to be open and to be ready for His interruption into our lives.
God help us in the crossroads of life to remain calm, to remember to seek your direction in prayer, to listen, and follow your leading.
Serving together for His Kingdom,
CURE Spiritual Ministry Team
Please pray for the containment of the coronavirus and for the health and safety of our co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and patients.
- Praise God for the good progress in fighting COVID-19 in Niger. At the end of May, we had some days where no cases were registered in the country
- Praise God that none of our co-workers have been diagnosed with the virus
- Pray for one of our staff members who was attacked by robbers. Praise that God saved his life
- Pray for our mobile clinics in June
- Pray for CURE Niger as we mobilize patients this June in Niamey. May this be the opportunity for many families to hear the gospel message and be shown the love of Christ
- Praise God that none of our co-workers has contracted coronavirus
- Praise God for the continuity of co-worker discipleship through media platforms
- Praise God that we graciously conducted four post-operation mobile clinics
- Praise God for our partners who follow up with our patients and update us as to their welfare
- Pray for the citizens to adhere to the government’s measures of combating the spread of coronavirus
- Pray for the financial sustainability of our hospital and for our processes to remain efficient and effective
- Pray for all our patients to smoothly find their way to our facility amidst traveling challenges
- Pray for our co-workers to practice spiritual disciplines of solitude and silence as they seek the face of the Lord during these challenging times
- Pray for our co-workers who are single mothers to remain faithful after the salary cut
- Pray for our co-worker whose young child drowned in a nearby river
- Pray for our Human Resource office as they lead during the transitions
- Pray for the coming elections
- Pray for our co-workers healing and recovery
- Pray for wisdom, patience, good health, and protection for all members of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging and Infectious Diseases
- Pray for daily good health, strength, wisdom, and protection for our essential frontline workers
- Pray for the scientists who have been working together to quickly find a cure, solutions, and a vaccine.
- Pray for all Christians to be good examples of submission to authority, kindness, compassion, generosity, and unity.
- Pray that everyone affected by the virus is able to lean on God’s strength during this time
- Pray for Yohannes, a patient who lives 800 km north of Addis and needs to come to the hospital for an infection
- Pray for the process of COVID-19 testing for patients before admission
- Pray for wisdom for the spiritual department to provide the right support to our patients
- Pray for our partner churches and ministries, and God’s intervention as they go through financial support challenges
- Pray for Catherine who will be acting as the Interim Executive Director
- Pray for the outreach scheduled for the 14th – 20th of June in the southern province – that God will protect the team members from accidents and sickness.
- Pray for quick recovery among all our patients and that they hear and respond to the gospel
Prayer Requests are closed for this month.