I hope this finds you well. We’re all dealing with a lot, I think. Here are a few (six, really) quick reminders, all of which I have to remind myself.
1. Right now, God remains surprised by nothing. We are promised troubles in this life. I’ve heard of people who abandon their faith when things get difficult. And yet, Jesus promised us that we’d have troubles in this life. And –here’s where it gets good– He also said, “I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
2. Right now is a time that’s wonderfully clarifying. Is my security really found in God, or my 401k?
3. Right now is an IDEAL time to “double-down” on generosity. Sure, our natural reaction is “I have to save myself!” but there’s something stunning and beautiful about love that just keeps on giving, and even giving more. What kind of love does that?
4. Right now maybe when we find out if we’ve been growing spiritually over the years. Am I growing more of the fruit of the Spirit? When things are stressful, am I more loving than I used to be? More joyful? More at peace? More patient? All of this matters more when things are uncertain and anxious.
5. Right now is the time to be a peacemaker. I used to think “peace” simply meant the absence of war. It’s much deeper than that. Anxious people need peace. My words and actions can play a big role in that, bringing the profound “shalom” peace of God to those around me.
6. Now is the time to be more thankful than ever. Thanksgiving is an antidote to anxiety. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Thank you for praying for CURE. Our precious little patients, and their equally precious parents. Our doctors and nurses and staff. We’re more grateful than ever, and we thank God for you.