March 2020 Prayer Guide
The Good Shepherd
Psalm 23: “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He restores my soul.”
As I write, the rains have come to Uganda. It is a six-hour drive from the airport in Entebbe to the CURE hospital in Mbale. The hues of green on either side of the road explode across the landscape. The rain hangs in the air as if all of Uganda was enveloped by a blanket of clouds. Today, as I experience the beauty of God’s creation, I will son meet Ugandan mothers and their children who face an uncertain future. Mothers who have come to find hope and healing for their children, over 130 a month come. We know the Lord, our shepherd, has brought them here.
At CURE, we long for every child, every mom, every day, to experience the Lord as their shepherd. We believe that every person who comes to our hospitals and clinics comes by Divine Appointment. The Shepherd has led them beside the still waters of restoration for their body and their soul. Below, you will find reasons to pray to our Good Shepherd and give praise for His care. Let’s pray together!
US Spiritual Formation and Ministry Partner Engagement Officer
Please pray for the containment of the Coronavirus and for the health and safety of our co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and patients.
- Pray for the ongoing construction of the chapel, ICU, and Ward extension.
- Pray that God will help us serve His people well as he continues to bring them to us in large numbers.
- Pray for Pastor Fred who will be traveling to Athi River, Nairobi for Community Health Evangelism training
- Praise God for Doctor Anthony and Hannatou Labo who traveled to Kenya and Uganda for the Medical and Spiritual Directors conferences.
- Praise God for granting us the opportunity to continue to heal the sick and proclaim the kingdom of God.
- Praise God for the patients and guardians who responded to the gospel this month.
- Praise God for the patients who are at the end of their treatment sessions
- Pray for staff and patients at CURE Niger as we head into the warmest part of the year. It’s mostly in this period that people catch diseases like meningitis.
- Pray for opportunities to hold a mobile clinic in Galmi to help people in that area.
- Praise God for the safe travel to our community engagement events
- Praise God for enabling us to carry out spiritual ministry this month
- Praise God for the successful outreach follow up
- Pray for the spiritual emphasis week to be held March 18 – 20th
- Pray that God will sustain the hospital’s needs and continue to use us to minister to the community.
- Pray for the success for the mobile clinic team as they go to Butuan City on March 27th
- Pray that God will prepare those who come to the clinic to be open to accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior
- Pray for our strategic planning to reach our goals
- Pray for staff interviews this month
- Pray for the mobile clinics coming in March to touch many lives and for safe travel
- Pray for the political tension following the nullification of last year’s election results
- Pray for the program – that God will continue to lead us and that His purpose will prevail
- Pray for the Care Coordinators to continuously be refreshed in the gospel
- Pray for the partner treatment locations that there will be enough resources to serve and care for the children
- Pray for us as we recruit two new Care Coordinators – that God will build our team and give us wisdom in these hiring decisions
- Praise God for the visits made by the Canadian Board and their fruitful visit.
- Praise God for the Limb Kind organization’s visit who provided artificial limbs for our patients.
- Pray for the upcoming pastors training in Eastern Ethiopia
- Pray for patients Dofte and Challa, who were not able to come to CURE because of family issues
- Pray for the day ward ministry, for open hearts to the presentation of the gospel message
- Pray for the country of Ethiopia, for peace and stability, and for the locusts to go away
Prayer Requests are closed for this month.