January 2020 Prayer Guide
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NIV
Rest from burdens we carry.
Rest from trying to do everything for ourselves.
Jesus offers us rest. He carries our life, we are not alone. He is good, and his promises are true.
Jesus offers us hope. CURE is about proclaiming rest from worry and help for those in need. We love to show children, moms, and dads that the Lord loves them and offers healing and transforming rest for their bodies and their souls. Will you pray with me that the children and families at CURE hospitals would witness God’s hope and heal during their time with us?
May Jesus give you rest in Him,
US Spiritual Formation and Ministry Partner Engagement Officer
HOSPITAL PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Pray for peace after the Constitutional court passes its ruling in January/February following the disputed presidential elections in Malawi
- Pray for a seamless transition for the new Executive Director who has joined CURE Malawi.
- Pray for the Night to Shine event which will be hosted for the first time in Malawi at CURE Malawi.
- Please pray for our participation in National Bible Month in January 2020. We’re hoping that our coworkers would commit to devoting personal time to reading the Bible with the aid of the One-Year-Bible-Reading guide that we have distributed, with the invitation of receiving free copies of English Standard Version Bibles.
- Please pray for Cailey Tan, a 1 year and six months old, who underwent surgery for a complicated case of arthrogryposis. During their hospital stay with Cailey, her parents became followers of Jesus Christ and committed to attending regular Bible Studies. Please pray for complete healing for Cailey and for wisdom in understanding the Bible Studies for her parents.
- Please pray for the upcoming Night to Shine Prom, for teens with special needs, on February 8th. Pray for the people preparing the event, the volunteers’ availability and intentionality to show Jesus’ love to the guests, and for the guests to come to know their worth and value in the eyes of the Father through this event.
- Praise for the success of CURE Niger’s 9th Anniversary and Christmas celebration, which were great opportunities to reach many people with the gospel message.
- Praise that our co-workers were able to join their families for Christmas celebrations. The Lord has been with them during their trips and they are back to our offices safely.
- Praise that God helped us overcome many challenges in 2019 and for our co-workers, patients, and families here at CURE Niger.
- Please pray for CURE Niger as a community, that we may be prosperous spiritually, emotionally, and financially in 2020 and in everything we do for the Lord this new year.
- Praise that we had a successful end of the year staff party
- Praise for the enjoyable Christmas holiday and for staff traveling and resuming work safely
- Praise for the wedding of a staff member
- Pray for the safety of our children as they travel back to resume school
- Pray for 2020 to be productive both spiritually and medically at CURE Kenya
- Please pray for the construction of the chapel which is progressing steadily
- Pray for the Spiritual Directors Convention coming next month
- Pray for peace and the political atmosphere of the country, as we near the period of campaigns and elections.
- Please continue to pray for Ethiopia’s political situation. Pray for peace and stability on the roads to Addis Ababa. Things are a lot better in the past few weeks.
- Please pray for patients’ travel safety.
- Please pray for the upcoming mobile clinics in Bahir Dar. Please pray for wisdom for the CURE team on how to handle the massive flow of new patients during clinic time.
- Please pray for Johnson and Yabsira, patients who have finished their follow up teaching at CURE and going back home. Please pray for local follow-ups and church connections.
- Please pray for the pastor’s training during the mobile clinic at Bahir Dar. We are expecting 30 pastors to participate in the training.
- Please pray for Gloria and Mariam who came from Sera Leone, West Africa, for treatment. Please pray for their stay to be comfortable. Currently, they are dealing with cultural shock related to food. Please pray especially for Gloria since she will need good nutrition in order to go through surgery.
Prayer Requests are closed for this month.