August 2019 Prayer Guide
“Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:2, NIV
Paul gives a simple greeting to the church gathered in Philippi. He calls out “Grace and peace.” We quickly read over this phrase as its an introduction, the thing you say before jumping into the matter at hand. Maybe he meant those words to be read slowly and warmly.
Sometimes greetings are throwaway statements, and sometimes greetings can be a promise of something significant. Grace. Peace. Grace to you—the lavished, undeserved favor of God that isn’t concerned about where you’ve been but rather where you are going. Grace, the Jesus promise of Good News. Peace to you—that calm sense of being whole, everything put right and in its proper place, from the inside to outside.
Every day, moms and dads, children, and families enter CURE hospitals. Every day they experience a greeting from a person who loves Jesus and them. They will see a simple message that greets them:
Proclaiming the Kingdom, Healing the Sick
… a greeting that says Grace and Peace to you.
Lord, may everyone who enters our doors experience the grace and peace you offer freely through Jesus. Amen.
New prayer requests can be shared at cure.org/prayer-request.
– Please pray for safety of the coworkers as they use diverse means of transport to commute to hospital and home every day. We have a few cases of accidents and they distress the families.
– Also pray that the Lord’s will be done in the hospital and that we may continue to partner with God in his mission with joy.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 4:53 pm
– Please pray for the country of Ethiopia. Please pray for peace and resettlement of the displaced.
– Please pray for the government to control the spread of Cholera disease in the city of Harar. (Eastern Ethiopia)
– Pray for the counseling process of a patient whose left foot amputated. Please pray for his recovery. Please for the home visit makes a difference in his life.
– Please pray for a patient for the healing of infected hand observed when coming back for follow up. He has a heart condition where his blood flow system has a problem. Please pray for healing and wisdom for our medical missionaries.
– Please pray for the continuous presence of God at the hospital. Please pray God uses all staff for His glory.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 4:52 pm
– We Praise God for the mobile clinics we have hold. Pray for the upcoming mobile clinics.
– Praise God for the 12 staff who complete the Bible study.
– Pray for people who are hearing the gospel, may the Lord touch their heart.
– Pray for the Christians at the hospital in general and members of spiritual team particularly, may the Lord gives us wisdom to minister to the staff, patients, and their families.
– Pray for the security in Niger.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 4:50 pm
– Praise God for the new clinics which have helped to take ministry to unreached areas.
– The post-election impasse is getting out of hand. Please pray that God should heal Malawi
– Pray for the Spiritual Emphasis Week which is taking place in the last week of 26-30th August, 2019
Submitted on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 4:50 pm
KENYA PRAISES AND PRAYER REQUESTS
• Thank God for the wheel chair presentation event where we reached out to.
• Thank God our new objectives for the Strategic plan was created and being implemented
• Thank God we had a good sent off of Moffat Bible College partners who were graduating and internship student who was ending her period with us.
• Thank God for the successful ENT camp.
• Thank God for the partners refresher course successfully done in the month of July
• Pray for staff Bible Study programs as we introduce the new topic in our study book, “Complete missions” for the month of August.
• Pray for the mobile clinic activities in the month of August.
• Pray for the August Outreach event planned for the month of August, 2019
Submitted on Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 4:07 am
AUGUST PRAYER REQUESTS.
Uganda (PTL in Mbarara)
There has been an outbreak of measles in the Hospital, mostly in the pediatric ward.
Among other patients, two of the patients with hydrocephalus have been admitted to the isolation room. Doctors are doing their best to care for these patients. Please pray for this outbreak to be controlled and for healing for these hydrocephalus patients who have contracted measles. Please pray for the doctors, administrators and care team in this government hospital to have the knowledge, wisdom, skills and resources to fight against this outbreak and treat those in their care.
There is another patient – a five-month old baby girl with hydrocephalus – who had been scheduled for surgery but developed some ailments that caused the surgery to be postponed. The mother has now refused to bring the baby back to the hospital for surgery with the claim that she is taking the child to church for healing. Please pray for our Care Coordinator, Jackson, as he seeks to educate the mother and pastor on the child’s condition and for the mother to allow her child to be treated. Please pray more broadly for truth and understanding related to this condition in areas where many myths and misconceptions exist.
The neurosurgical team at UTH has grown with the addition of senior Neurosurgeon, Dr Kunda. We thank God and pray that He will continue to build the team and more surgeries can be performed.
Dr. Duy, a neurosurgeon, and Loi, a theater nurse, have traveled from Vietnam and are currently training in Mbale. Please pray for them to learn as much as they can and return to Vietnam to serve.
Pray for the partner treatment location in Danang. There are few patients because most of them travel long distances to more known places. Pray that God will give us strategic ways to sensitize patients from Danang and around central highland about the services offered so they don’t have to travel far.
Pray for the people in Vietnam as many have lost their homes due to the floods (typhoon). There has been an outbreak of dengue fever due to the typhoon. Pray for our recovery from this outbreak and the typhoon.
Pray for our candidate from Myanmar to get approval to come for training, and that it will be a smooth process.
Pray that God leads us to the right Care Coordinator to serve patients and caregivers in the area.
There are many hydrocephalus and spina bifida patients, but the bed space is small. Pray for that situation.
There is also an outbreak of dengue fever in the nation of Bangladesh
Pray for the home visits in and out of Bamako that are planned.
Pray for good health in the Care Coordinator’s family.
Pray for the surgeon, for God to guide him during the surgeries.
Please pray for the parents of a child who passed away yesterday, Pray for God to comfort, strengthen and pursue them.
We have five critical patients on the ward, please pray for them.
Pray for the safety of Care Coordinators as they travel to patients’ homes for follow-up visits.
Submitted on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 5:01 am
JULY PRAYER FOR CURE NEURO
Pray for me about my home visit in a village which is about 30 kms from Bamako in order God gives me the word to meet them,
Pray for all children who are in the program of surgery in this week. I always have hope God answers our prayers.
Thank God for the support we receive from CURE and other like-minded organizations.
Thanksgiving to God for the communities that play a role in supporting the patients
Pray for the parents to know their responsibilities in taking care of their children.
Pray for Mbarara University again they are on strike and that affects the services in the hospital mostly as Neurosurgery is concerned, because the lectures in the University are the Doctors in the hospital but in all that, I believe that God is able according to Mark 9:23, Philippians 4:6&19.
God bless you.
Good relationship between care coordinator and doctors
There is a long waiting list of about 95 children, pray that God keeps them until surgery.
Pray for ministry of health to support our clinic.
1. Journey mercies for care coordinators as they go for home visits to patients.
2. Pray for patients’ care takers that they will have the hope and will to care for their children , since this is a lifelong condition. That they don’t give up.
Submitted on Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 5:39 am
My wife is hopefully in remission from my second lupus flare. I’ve been diagnosed with Parkinson’s. We ask that you pray for our children and for us after praying for the many little children you take care of who need help.
Submitted on Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 11:29 am
Pray for Jason, recovering from addiction, who asks that God will help him to get into a position to be of service to others.
Submitted on Monday, August 19, 2019 at 11:31 am
My husband and I are facing some financial challenges. Please pray for us during this tough season.
Submitted on Monday, August 19, 2019 at 11:04 am
Pray for Mae, a friend of the CURE family and Jesus-follower who’s suddenly experiencing a really aggressive cancer — that God would heal her so she & family could praise His name. She has a husband and young daughter.
Submitted on Friday, July 26, 2019 at 9:56 am