March 2018 Prayer Guide
I will say to the prisoners, “Go free!” and to those who are in darkness, “Come out to the light!” Isaiah 49:9
Next week is Holy Week, set aside for us to recount the events of Jesus’ last acts and words, to remember the welcome He experienced as His last week began, and to lament the abject rejection and crucifixion He faced only days later.
In his song “Why?” Michael Card poses a series of questions: Why was Jesus betrayed by a kiss? Why a crown of thorns? Why a cross and nails? And why so exposed, hung naked in the sight of all? Why such intent to not only kill but to shame? For human beings in any age or place, shame is feared as much or more than death.
While fear of shame sent our first parents running to the trees for cover,1 Hebrews reveals that Jesus met shame meant for Him with scorn.2 His example invites us to also scorn whatever shames and isolates us. If there ever was a sign of welcome at the gate of the kingdom of heaven it would read, “No Shame Zone”—such good news for all, but especially for children known to CURE who are shamed by their communities because of disability.
As you celebrate the story of Jesus’ passion and resurrection next week, please remember the many children we meet throughout the network in need of healing and gospel proclamation. Pray for us as we continue to introduce them to Christ who calls us all into the light of freedom. Let us know how we can pray for you.
Remembering and celebrating with you,
New prayer requests can be shared at cure.org/prayer-request.
For CURE Philippines: Pray for continued spiritual insight and understanding among coworkers to be stable in our faith and healthy relationships with one another
Pray for Mercy who was in an auto accident where her friend died. Pray for her as she realizes that she has been given a second chance at life and faith.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 12:42 pm
Pray for the unity of the body here at CURE Uganda. Pray that God may help those who do not understand the mission of the ministry to grasp it and work towards accomplishing it and that we will think God’s thoughts and will His will.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 12:41 pm
Pray for Christine kithome’s father who is undergoing dialysis 2 days a week for God’s strength and peace for us as a family. We don’t know how long it will take but we trust God.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 3:22 am
Christine Kithome’s uncle passed away on Friday, March 9. Please pray for the family in their loss and need for faith. Christine Kithome serves as anchoress for our hospitals and programs in Africa.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Specific Prayer Concerns for Cure Kenya
• We praise God for enabling us carry out spiritual ministry for the month
• Praise God for the successful follow up outreach
• Praise God for the successful pastors training event
• Praise God for peace in our country
• Praise God for the new established mobile clinic site of Homa Bay
• Pray that we finalize the recruitment of a new spiritual director
• Pray for the new staff to be done orientation in the month of March
• Pray for the spiritual emphasis in the second week of March
Submitted on Monday, March 12, 2018 at 8:17 am
Pray for a patient at the CURE hospital in Niamey who lost her father on Thursday, February 22nd.
Submitted on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 3:16 pm
Please pray for the provision of a person to oversee the CURE Ethiopia’s playroom. This is an important ministry for children who are healing from the spiritual, physical, emotional and social trauma of disability.
Submitted on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Prayer requests from Ethiopia
1. Praise God for peace in the country. The past month we had unrest in many places in the country. Please continue to pray for peace and unity.
2. Please pray for the nomination of a new prime minister. Please pray for wisdom and right selection of a leader by the ruling party.
3. Praise and thanksgiving for Adem, a patient who never walked in his life, now walking with the support of a walker. Please pray for him and for his uncle for continued openness to our ministry.
4. Please pray for Kalkidan, for her bones to be strengthened. Please pray for her mom Zufan to find permanent income to raise Kalkidan.
5. Please pray for upcoming Mobile clinic in the town of Bahirdar April 11 – 13, 2018. Please pray for groundwork to prepare patients and families for our arrival and activities.
Submitted on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 8:15 am
Thanksgiving from CURE Zambia
1. Please Thank God for hearing our prayer for Dr Anthony Chisakuta who is in Ireland for treatment. He is now free of cancer and looking forward to joining us.
2. Thank God for Timothy who works at the laundry as he is fine after a snake bite from his home.
3. Thank God for the unity we are enjoying as a CURE Family here in Zambia
4. Thank God for the official opening of the Training Centre. Pray that it will be used to His glory.
Submitted on Monday, February 26, 2018 at 1:47 am
Mission Support Center
Praise God for the contract we have for the sale of the Mission Support Center. Pray for the completion on the process.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Please pray that God will lead us to a buyer for the current Mission Support Center building and for wisdom as we continue operations in that space.
Submitted on Friday, February 23, 2018 at 10:25 am
Cindy, a friend of CURE, shared her joy for the seamless process of the sale of her house. She asks for prayer as the family begins to move and completes responsibilities to move to a new city and for decisions the family will need to make in the next three months.
Please remember Bobby & Rachel who live in Alaska ask for prayer for their marriage; Rachel is currently in school in CA.
Justin asks for wisdom and discernment for he and his wife as they decides on a career change that’s been offered.
Submitted on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Please pray for wisdom for David and his wife in their relationship with their now-teenage son. There has been increasing tension and difficulty in balancing David’s role as both father and teacher.
Submitted on Monday, March 5, 2018 at 9:34 am
Please pray for our friend Denise, whose grandson Liam is experiencing some neurological challenges.
Submitted on Monday, February 26, 2018 at 3:11 pm