December 2017 Prayer Guide
The season of Advent is our invitation to join the company of friends who know what it is to wait in hope: Zechariah in his nine-month silence (1), Joseph in his confusion (2), shepherds during a night watch (3), wise men in their star-guided search (4). It’s no wonder that from their various perspectives they all so joyfully welcome the light when it finally shines into their long, dark nights.
Darkness takes many forms–death, confusion, unknowing–and at some point will place us all in a posture of waiting. An ancient shepherd once declared, “even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil, for you are with me” (ISV). The wisdom and hope of Psalm 23:4 insists that even and especially in darkness, our God, Immanu-El (5), is with us.
As we approach the longest night of the year and the celebration of the brightest of lights, may we all grasp the grace of God-with-us in Immanuel. May we stand strong in hope that even when the world seems darkest in understanding and behavior, Jesus Christ, Light of the World, comes to walk among us as one of us and one with us. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it (6).
Thank you for your prayers for our co-workers throughout the world who walk with children and families in their need, making the most of the opportunity to bear witness to that Light.
Praying with you,
New prayer requests can be shared at cure.org/prayer-request.
For CURE Philippines
* for the transition that the hospital is going through with regards to hiring new staff and with the transition of soon welcoming a new Executive Director.
* that the upcoming Christmas break will not just be a time of festivities but also a time of refreshment and reflection of Christ’s great love to each and everyone.
* for the ongoing Bible study/Staff Discipleship of the Spiritual Ministry, Patient Assistance and Social Services, Health Office, Medical Records, Housekeeping, and Maintenance staff; that we will be able to also conduct this to every floor and department of the hospital
* that Monday Chapel hour will be a time for all of us to be refreshed as Tebow CURE Hospital staff and God’s missionaries
* We pray for God’s grace covering Vince Bitana while he is on a business trip in the US to
establish OFW partnership.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 4:29 pm
For CURE Malawi
Praise God for more churches that are opening doors for us for to do the CURE presentations.
* for the caregivers who expressed faith in the month to grow spiritually
* for more open doors as we seek additional funding
* for our new executive director as he prepares to come to Malawi
Submitted on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 4:23 pm
From CURE Ethiopia
* for the new believers to grow in the Lord.
* for resources for churches.
* for us in the possibility of training on discipleship, church leadership, and other basic church growth needs.
* for a patient called Melkamu. He was sent home from here because surgeons couldn’t do surgery because of malnutrition. He is 12 years old and lives with his mother; they live in a very poor condition. We took food to them and they need more help. Please pray that their journey with Jesus would grow, that they will know Jesus deeply, and that healing comes to the family.
* for peace in the country.
* for us in our need for Oromiffa literature
Submitted on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 4:21 pm
Kabul in Afghanistan
Please pray for protection for our co-workers at the clinic in Kabul, particularly in light of a recent attack in the area by members of Islamic State. Pray for us as we continue to build friendships with our beloved co-workers.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 4:15 pm
From CURE Niger
* Please pray for security in Niger. Recently, deadly attacks took place in Tillabery area and had cost the lives of many of our defense and security forces.
* Please pray for the Ministry Team of CURE Niger who organizes the Christmas party for the patients and co-workers on December 21st. Ask for wisdom in the organization and opportunity to touch many lives.
* Pray for the children who are at the guesthouse in cold season. If they catch cold they will be prevented from receiving the treatment on time. Ask for divine protection for the children.
* Ask God to give us grace as we partner with local pastors for ministry.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 4:14 pm
For CURE Dominican Republic
Please pray that the Lord may connect CURE with more healthy churches so we can guide interested patients to go there.
Please pray that our staff engage in their everyday work as it really is, a service to God. And they can seize every opportunity to minister to patients and coworkers.
Please pray that our Christmas vacations may be of blessing to all of our staff, celebrating Jesus advent and being protected from accidents and robberies in the streets of the country.
We are thankful for the impact is having the bedside ministry on families and patients as well.
We are thankful for nurses staff and the beautiful heart they show in helping sincerely to patients an families.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 12:48 pm
From CURE Kenya
You and your family
• Praise God for our family members for the support they have shown us throughout the year.
• Pray for us and our families as we prepare to break for Christmas festivities
• Pray for Pr. Philip (our Spiritual Centre Associate) for quick recovery having gone through difficult times in the last two months where He lost both his sister in-law and his mother
• Pray for the staff to continually grow in the grace and knowledge of our savior Jesus Christ
• Pray for our patients done surgeries this year for successful healing and breakthroughs in their lives.
• Pray for our partners to remain zealous in partnering with us in ministering to our clients and to avail themselves in the training planned for then in January next year
• Pray for one of our staff (Charles) who is organizing a wedding this December 30th that all shall go well
• Pray for our end of the year party for our staff on be held on 22nd December 13, 2017.
• We pray for Staff
• Pray for a patient who learned she was pregnant while she was in hospital for an unrelated issue. She was struggling with how her parents will react.
• Praise God for a second joint overnight prayers this year which was held on 1st December. The event brought together CURE hospital, Kijabe hospital, and other department from the Kijabe Mission Station.
• Give thanks for the mutual relationship witnessed between our hospital and the neighboring institutions and the Church so far.
• Pray for peace and political stability in our country as we go through post-election period.
Submitted on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 5:06 am
A child who came to CURE Ethiopia is in need of surgery but malnutrition is preventing the treatment. The spiritual ministry team has provided food for this child, but more help is needed. The request of our spiritual ministry team is that the journey the family began with CURE will grow; that they will know Jesus deeply and that healing will come to the whole family.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 2:26 pm
Pray for the families in Kenya who have lost loved ones through multiple devastating road accidents. It’s been reported that in the space of a few days 80 people have lost their lives.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Praise God for the ministry at CURE
Praise God for Pastors’ training. We trained 4 Pastors to be our delegates in their communities.
We praise God for the Visit of Mama Christine. It was a time of Encouragement for the Spiritual team and for the whole CURE staff.
Pray for us as Spiritual Team, may the Lord give us wisdom as we minister to people
Pray for Our Country, life becomes more and more expensive, and the harvest was not good this year.
Pray for new believers may the Lord strength them.
Pray for Pastors who are our delegates in the field may the Lord support their ministry.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 6:48 am
From CURE Zambia
Thanks Be to God for the Prayer over Zimbabwe. Now Please continue praying for Zimbabwe for it to be peaceful and stabilize economically during this transition of power from President Mugabe.
Please also pray for the family of a 17-year-old spina bifida patient who passed away recently, for God to comfort them during this time they are mourning.
Submitted on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 2:22 am
From CURE Zambia
Please pray for Zimbabwe; many of our private patients come from there. Please pray for:
1. Peace to prevail during this political instability in the country as the military pushes the president to resign
2. Pray that there will not be blood shed during this time as the Zimbabweans undergo this political instability
3.Pray that whatever decision taken won’t be driven by human selfishness but should bring Glory and honour to God
Also we have two of our co-workers who are not feeling very great; please pray for Precious Namwaba and Linda Hansen.
Please thank God for Doctor Antony who has been now discharged from the hospital; thank God that he is now much better. Pray that he fully recovers and join us in Zambia again.
Submitted on Monday, November 20, 2017 at 2:17 am
Mission Support Center
Please remember CURE development coworkers at work to gain support for the end of the year. Pray that we will see God’s faithfulness to continue to “heal the sick and proclaim the kingdom” (Luke 9:2).
Submitted on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Please pray for us in the need to sell our present Mission Support Center building.
Submitted on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 6:40 am
Brad Kulp, MSC’s Technical Services Coordinator, has asked for our prayers for his father in law who recently was informed that cancer had spread to his brain. Please remember Brad and his family in these days of concern.
Submitted on Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 2:54 pm
From Maureen Sloan:
Praise for opening of doors for Paul to spend his sabbatical serving at CURE Niger for six months. Asking the Lord to help with the mountains of paperwork required by the University of Kentucky and the Lord’s clear direction and provision for all the details.
Praise for a great visit to the Tebow CURE Hospital in the Philippines and meeting the incoming Executive Director and his wife. Please pray for God’s wisdom, peace, and joy in the transitions for the Lehmans and Hullands during the coming months.
Submitted on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 11:21 am
Please pray for Lauren & family, new friends of CURE; their son has cerebral palsy and is scheduled for spinal surgery in March 2018.
Submitted on Monday, December 18, 2017 at 5:32 am
Pray for a friend who is struggling with depression and also looking for a job.
Submitted on Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Thank you for including Nathanael in your prayers. He recently saw Dr. Warf again for some adjustments to his shunt and medications. He is an amazing young man and has been unwell in one form or another the majority of his life. His parents, Yvonne and Chris, are such faithful, inspiring people. Please keep them all in your prayers.
Submitted on Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 11:02 am
Please pray for Riley, a little girl who has been suffering from ear infections and is to have tubes put in next month. Pray especially that there will be healing for any hearing loss.
Submitted on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Pray for a restorative miracle for my intelligence and memory, that God would perform a creative miracle and that I would be able to read and enjoy reading again and remember what I read and able to ponder the deep mysteries of life and answer various issues of the day with the wisdom of Solomon. My family brags about how intelligent I am and how smart and gifted, and I used to be so talented in school and in many areas, and now I struggle with things. Restore my creativity and my ability to dream and create and have that abundant life.
Submitted on Monday, November 27, 2017 at 8:27 pm
Pray for the healing, restoration, and reconciliation in my life, vocation, creativity and health. Pray for the restoration of friendships, for the faith and health of friends who are dealing with illnesses; for awareness of God’s presence to see, hear, and feel his love and guidance. Pray that I will trust God for employment and for the coming season in my desire to bless friends and loved ones.
Submitted on Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 9:44 am
CURE’s friend Lela asks for prayer for reconciliation with her daughter.
Submitted on Monday, November 20, 2017 at 3:56 pm
A friend requests prayer for reconciliation with her daughter; they have not spoken in over two years.
Submitted on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Please pray for a friend, Beverly, who is not well and is need of healing.
Submitted on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 12:28 pm
A friend, Katherine, requests prayer for good health and safe travels over the holidays.
Submitted on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 12:27 pm