November 2017 Prayer Guide
“I don’t have any money, but I’ll give you what I do have. Through the power of Jesus Christ from Nazareth, walk!” Acts 3:6
During a recent Monday Devotions gathering at CURE’s Mission Support Center, members of the Someone To Tell It To community shared their unique ministry of listening. Beginning with the narrative of the man in Acts 3 who was carried each day to the temple to beg, we listened to stories of what happens when people are seen and heard.
The disabilities with which children come to CURE hospitals may not even compare to the psychological and emotional trauma they have experienced. We hear over and over again about neglect, abandonment, and abuse, not only by the communities and villages where our patients live but also by family members. While our mission is medical in nature, the treatment our patients receive would not be complete without someone fully present to hear their stories.
Peter and John’s full attention on a man disabled from birth resulted first in standing, then walking and eventually even jumping and praising God. We see this happen every single day at CURE facilities. Walking may be the result of treatment, but jumping and praising is an overflow of joy that comes with knowing and believing we are loved and received by God. Like Peter and John, CURE co-workers offer what we have. Most often what is best and most cherished among our gifts of compassion is our commitment to truly hear and see everyone who come through our doors.
As you read our points for prayer below, please pray that in all expressions of CURE we each will be “someone to tell it to,” that we will faithfully pass on what we have to give. We’re grateful for the way you listen to us and to God as we partner in his beautiful work of all the ways healing is given.
Praying with you,
New prayer requests can be shared at cure.org/prayer-request.
From CURE Malawi
1. Praise God that the blood suckers that have been terrorizing people has come to an end and peace has come back in communities that were affected last month. People are able to walk freely and do what they have to do with the fear of being attacked.
2. Malawi is having a national power outages at the moment. Pray that this does not affect hospital operations. So far we are on a grid that is a high priority area and is not experiencing the power outages for now
3. Pray for the mobile clinic in Nkhata Bay and Mzuzu, but also the outreaches we are having in that area with the pastors we trained early this year
4. Praise God for the rains that has started early.
5.Pray for the 15 families that lost their loved ones when a military vehicle was involved in a car accident. Some survivors are being treated at CURE hospital. They also need prayers as some have come to faith in Jesus as a result of that accident.
6.Praise God for the successful trip to Mozambique as we plan to do ministry in the boarder districts of that country.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 11:15 am
From CURE Zambia
Please give thanks to God for the many children who have passed though our doors
We continue giving thanks even for the Neuro Bibles we continue to serve at the Government hospital
We give thanks for the rainfall so far, as most of our patients and their families depend on rains for small scale farming
We continue request prayer for healing of Dr. Anthony M Chisakuta
Submitted on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 7:12 am
From CURE Ethiopia
Please thank God for us for the visit held by government body to our hospital. It was a good visit. Please continue to pray for the opening of the private practice.
Please pray for Muluka, a patient expelled by her family because she believed in Jesus. Please pray for ongoing support for her, spiritually and economically. She is a 15-year-old girl now living with her aunt in another village.
Please pray for additional new staff at CURE Ethiopia spiritual team. We need a person who can speak Somali language and is committed to the gospel.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 6:22 am
From CURE Kenya
1. We praise God for taking us through an unpredictable month as far as the hospital operations are concerned. Although the patient numbers were not very high, we managed to minister to those who came through our hospital doors, and a good number of them came to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
2. We praise God for giving us successful retreats/seminars for both the single staff (youth), the single parents, and married couples which were part of the staff discipleship programs planned.
3. We praise God for giving us a successful outreach follow-up in the 2nd week of the month at Enkorika Kajiado. This was a follow-up after an original outreach in the month of August. In this event we gave 57 Bibles to some of the new believers we found.
4. We praise God for the public hospital nurses who just ended their five months’ strike this month. The strike had paralyzed the entire heath sector in the country, stretching the private and mission hospitals.
5. We praise God for the peace and tolerance that has prevailed so far, particularly after going through a second controversial re-election on the 26th October. At the same time, let’s pray for the country as we go through another round of election petition this week and a determination given in a week’s time. Irrespective of what the supreme court will decide, we pray the will of God will prevail and that we may emerge better socially, spiritually, economically, and politically.
6. We request for prayers for the upcoming spiritual activities for the month of November, which include mobile clinics and HELP ME WALK activities .
Submitted on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 2:16 pm
For CURE Dominican Republic
Please pray that the Lord brings more patients to our hospital.
Please pray that our staff grows in unity
Please pray that our Thanksgiving lunch may be of blessing to all of our staff
We are thankful for the response of the patients to the gospel presentations.
We are thankful for our great staff and their commitment to CURE’s vision.
Submitted on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 12:23 pm
For CURE Niger
Please pray for security in Niger. Recently, deadly attacks took place in Tillabery area which cost the lives of many of our defense and security forces.
Please pray for the CURE Niger Ministry Team as they organize the Christmas party for the patient and the staff on December 21st. Ask for wisdom in the organization and opportunity to touch many lives.
Pray for the children who are at the guesthouse during cold season. If our patients catch colds they are prevented from receiving treatments on time. Please ask for divine protection for the children.
Pray for the spiritual ministry team as they prepare to train pastors who partner with CURE. The training takes place November 23 and 24. Ask God to give us grace to explain how we will partner.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Praises and Prayer Items from Kenya
1. Praise God for successful ENT camp that was conducted on the first week of October—over 40 children received life transforming surgeries
2. Praise God for a successful outreach follow-up we held on 10th-15th October
3. Praise God we held an inspiring joint chapel (18th October) with our neighbor hospital (Kijabe Hospital) where staff from both sides attended to pray for our institutions, the Kijabe community, and our nation.
4. Praise God we have received rains in some part of the country and particularly in Kijabe, as we pray for other parts which haven’t yet.
5. Pray for the “Help Me Walk” initiative which is taking place this week on the south east of the country with the first lady of Kenya attending.
6. Pray for Kenya as we chart the way forward. As a nation we seem to be at cross roads and constitutional confusion, especially with the main opposition leader withdrawing from the race on grounds of unfair playing field and some of the election commissioners resigning just days prior to a repeat election.
7. Pray for Spiritual Centre Assistant Pastor Philip and his family after he lost his sister-in-law through a tragic road accident.
8. We anticipate to hold a retreat for the single staff (youths) on 20th this month. We ask your prayers for safety, breakthrough, and life-transforming sessions.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 6:53 am
From CURE Clubfoot
We want to praise and thank God for our program staff and counselors who work tirelessly in clinics and on home visits to provide hope to our children and families born with clubfoot.
Please pray for…
– Funding needs throughout the program
– Partner challenges across the network
– Safety and protection for our coworkers and families with children who have clubfoot as they travel to and from appointments.
– Wisdom and protection as we faithful share God’s love
Submitted on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 1:01 pm
From CURE Hydrocephalus and Spina Bifida:
We praise God for a good meeting of fellows and advisory board members and for continued support for partner locations, today especially for the additional partner locations in SE Asia for year 2018.
Please pray for wisdom as we select new trainees and coordinators and for us as we build enhanced understanding with some of our partners.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 8:59 am
Please remember our Clubfoot partners and counselors in central cities of Togo where political/religious clashes have taken place and continue. Pray for the safety of our counselors and technicians as they travel; for the families we serve and for peace and reconciliation in the region.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 9:29 am
Pray for friends of CURE, Daniel and Carri, who will be moving to India.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 1:57 pm
On behalf of Daniel, who is 17, and his mother, Carmen, please pray for the Lord to bring salvation to the rest of their family.
Submitted on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 12:25 pm
CURE’s friend Ryan asks for prayer for family safety & security for them and their children.
Submitted on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 11:36 am
Rick, friend of CURE, asks for prayer for peace and an ability to help more people.
Submitted on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 11:35 am
CURE’s friend Elizabeth asks for prayer for God’s strength, particularly for her family members who are pastors with children.
Submitted on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 11:34 am
I would like prayer to receive the greatest miracle in my life. Thank you.
Submitted on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 11:34 pm
Chris, friend to CURE, asked for prayer for protection over his household.
Submitted on Monday, November 6, 2017 at 10:38 am
CURE’s friend Mitch asks prayer for his cousin going through some issues; Mitch also asks for prayer for himself and his family.
Submitted on Monday, November 6, 2017 at 10:37 am
I’m getting an ultrasound done on my gallbladder. I ask for health and healing. Thank you!
Submitted on Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 3:30 pm
Pray for friends who witnessed the Las Vegas shooting
Remember a husband and wife who are pursuing ministry, discerning God’s call.
Submitted on Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 11:23 am
Please pray for four friends in need of healing for multiple health issues including shoulder injury, fatigue, allergies and pain. Pray for financial provision, salvation, and support of a loving faith community.
Submitted on Friday, October 27, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Pray for my friend as he faces possible heart and liver transplant. Remember him as he seeks a wisdom for double transplant and in his desire to return to work as hospital chaplain.
Submitted on Friday, October 27, 2017 at 2:27 pm
For my friend, out of the country, pray for broken communication to be restored and for continued meaningful conversation. Pray for his writing career and for freedom from occult and astrology; pray that he will walk in the light and let go of those things that are dark. Help him use his passions for helping others.
Submitted on Friday, October 27, 2017 at 2:26 pm
Pray for my friend in her travels abroad through the new year. Please pray for her children’s business, for reunions and safety in her travels and for salvation, healing and good communication with damaged friendships.
Submitted on Friday, October 27, 2017 at 2:24 pm
Please pray for our dear friends at Covenant Fellowship. Their congregation has no building of it’s own, so they rent space. This is an older congregation, so hands to help set up and tear down before and after worship services can be in short supply. Pray that our Lord would continue to provide willing hands to help with set up and tear down before and after Sunday service.
Submitted on Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 11:30 am
Please pray for reconciliation of my best friend and girlfriend in my desire to be filled with mutual love, understanding, maturity, patience and care for one another; pray for my depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and hopelessness.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 1:33 am
Pray for healing and restoration of mind, body and spirit as I struggle with fatigue every day. I would like to be healed in my mind/brain to be creative again and feel God’s presence and guidance. Pray for employment and place, for restoration of friendships and growth in communication and fellowship.
Submitted on Monday, October 23, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Some of our friends at Los Gatos school in California are in danger because of the fires. Please pray for comfort for families that are in the pathway of these fires.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm