October 2017 Prayer Guide
These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
John 15:11 (ESV)
Dear Praying Friends,
In the prayer guide below, you might notice the number of prayer concerns listed under “friends.” That’s because over the last few weeks, CURE Mission Support Center co-workers have been calling supporters to simply say, “Thank you.” The process has resulted in significant joy.
Brene Brown, social science researcher and professor of sociology at University of Houston, maintains from her studies that gratitude is an inextricable ingredient in maintaining the fragile experience of joy. Because many of our prayer requests represent grief, concern, and pain, gratitude and joy are not always our first responses. It’s clear from the gospels, however, that Jesus desires that we experience His joy.
So here’s a suggestion: as we pray for CURE, let’s find something in the requests for which to say, “Thank you.” Perhaps we give thanks for the gift of the son or daughter whose disability has brought her to CURE for surgery; or for the presence of CURE in places where medical science is scarce or in development; or for the kindness and welcome faithfully offered by CURE co-workers. As we do, may we all grow in the depth of gratitude that sustains our capacity for joy, the mark of Jesus on our lives.
Praying with you,
New prayer requests can be shared at cure.org/prayer-request.
From Nurse Consultant, Maureen Sloan:
Please pray for special times of encouragement, learning, and life change as Paul and I travel to the Tebow CURE Hospital in the Philippines. Please ask the Lord to give Paul and me physical, emotional, and spiritual strength for the journey and encounters on the field. May we be a blessing! Thank you for praying!
Submitted on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Prayer request from Ethiopia
– For patients who received Jesus at the play room and bedside counseling.
– For the opportunity of sharing the gospel
Prayer for a patient and his mother who are followers of witchcraft. Pray for open hearts so that they would decide to follow Jesus. Right now he has a problem of eating and he is badly malnourished. We are planning to take them to church when they arrive so that we can pray for them more openly.
Pray for an uncle of a patient who has prayed with us at the hospital. Pray for follow up und possibly an out reach point for the area church to be opened.
Pray for staff evangelism. Please pray for open hearts and counseling sessions to be fruitful.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 5:12 am
Praise items for Malawi:
1- Praise God for the Leadership Training that took place in Lusaka between 9-11th October 2017 which two of our staff attended.
2- Praise God for the CURE TV program that has started airing, which will help to bring more awareness in the country about our services.
3- Praise the Lord for the successful pastoral training we had in Dedza.
4- Thank God for safe trip for Avanell, who had gone home for a holiday, and thank God for Zione who faithfully covered her when she was away.
5- Thank God for Hospital Christian Care Fellowship International link that we have now and are willing to train our staff on Saline outreach program method. They have also made their discipleship materials available to us.
Prayer points for Malawi:
1- Pray for Avanell, our Storyteller, who is alone in the office after the departure of Thandy, who is pursuing further education. Avanell has a lot of work to do. Pray also for a good replacement for Thandy who was so loved by everyone.
2- Pray for the Mozambican links we are establishing for Private patients and children. One government from Mozambique has already come to appreciate what we are doing. Also pray for the CURE team that will be visiting Tete in Mozambique to see how we can work with some hospitals in that country
3- Pray for the visit by Christine Kithome, CURE Anchoress, between 5th and 10th November to a success but also for her safe trip.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 3:41 am
From CURE Zambia:
Please pray for our country as we have national day of prayer and fasting (Public Holiday- October 18). Let it be day when we all draw closer to God in unity.
We have lost a Zimbabwean adult patient; thus may we be praying for the family.
One of our Nurses, Precious, lost her dad last week; please be in prayer for the family.
May we continue praying for healing of our beloved doctor, Anthony Chisakuta.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 3:11 am
Prayer requests from the Dominican Republic:
– We are grateful for a wonderful week, the Lord allowed us to see many patients and help a lot of children
– The spiritual life department needs prayer so that God can give us of his grace, wisdom and passion to do his work
– Staff ask for prayer for:
– Unbelieving members of their families, to know the Lord
– Single members of staff, that the Lord guide them in their decisions concerning marriage
– May they grow more, spiritually
– Family unity
– Mother of a patient: that she and her family can find a good church in their community “San Jose de Ocoa”
Submitted on Monday, October 16, 2017 at 4:39 pm
For Uganda: Pray for funding to expand CURE Uganda’s chapel, initially built to accommodate 40 people. Presently we have over 140 coworkers who worship together in that space.
Pray for our Volunteer pastors and Mobile clinic pastor’s convention this year taking place October 18 though 20.
Submitted on Monday, October 16, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Nate Desmarais and Dr. Rick Manning are in India meeting with some of our coworkers from Afghanistan. Please pray for all in the ongoing need for encouragement and wisdom as the group strategizes and for an enduring sense of Christ’s presence in the gathered community.
Submitted on Monday, October 16, 2017 at 10:25 am
Praises and Prayers from the CURE Moms- Kenya
1) Mom Sarah says, “I am a mother of one son by the name Gideon, who is 2 yr. old, and am expecting a newborn come December. However, I am in great distress after leaving my matrimonial home and forced to go to my father’s home after my husband declined to support Gideon’s medication terming it as misuse of funds and sending us off. Through all these challenges, God has been faithful, and I praise Him for helping my son Gideon go through a bilateral tendon release surgery. Please pray with us that God will grant us peace in abundance.”
2) Mom Margret: “Nestine is my 3-year-old daughter and is the only child and brings joy in our family, this is after our first born passed away due to multiple of challenges. Though we were mocked for not having a child, after a long wait, God remembered us with Nestine. Despite that, she was born with foot deformity; we praise God, for she is alive and her surgery was done and now recovering on well. Please pray for her healing.”
3) Mom Brenda has a 7-year-old boy, Nivan, who has been going through surgeries from age 2. As a single parent, this indeed has been a been a long journey for both her and her son, with no one to turn to except God. Nivan, who was born with multiple deformities, needed multiple corrections. She praises God that the fourth surgery has been successful to her son and pray for other three awaiting.
4) Florence is a mother of four. One of her children, Miriam, aged 14 years, fell in a ditch and after few months she got a swelling on her knee. After examination it was found to be cancerous. This resulted in Miriam’s leg being amputated a few days ago at CURE hospital, however, she is experiencing post amputation denials of losing her leg. Florence wishes believers can pray for her daughter Miriam to gradually accept the state she is now and that God’s peace that surpasses all our understanding will be with her.
Submitted on Monday, September 25, 2017 at 6:10 am
From CURE Zambia:
1. Please pray for the Quick Recovery of the Patients who are being operated on by our Visiting Plastic Surgeons (under Surgicorp)
2. Pray for Doctor Antony who is currently receiving Treatment in England
3. We will be having a Leadership Resources Training in Choma(Southern Province) and also another one here in Lusaka on the 9th, 10th and 11th October 2017. Pray that it will be successful.
Submitted on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 8:23 am
From CURE Philippines
1. We are thankful that Tebow CURE recently hired a new Patient Ministry Coordinator, Mrs. Mary Ann Dela Cruz, and for a successful mobile clinic held last Oct 13 at Marbel, Koronadal, Cotabato.
2. Our request is for God to gather the right patients this coming Oct 20, 2017 — Mobile Clinic in Butuan Provincial Hall.
Submitted on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 4:47 am
Prayer requests from CURE Clubfoot:
– Global Clubfoot Conference in Delhi Nov 1, 2
– Funding needs throughout the program
– Partner challenges across the network
– All our kids, their families, and our staff around the clubfoot network
Submitted on Monday, October 16, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Over 2,20,000 children in the developing world are born each year with clubfoot. In India approximately 150 babies are born with clubfoot each day. Presently 38,000 children throughout the 29 states in India are enrolled in free CURE Clubfoot clinics. Please pray for the upcoming Global Clubfoot Conference taking place November 1st and 2nd in New Delhi, India. Covering an array of information concerning clubfoot, this comprehensive conference purposes to increase participation and awareness towards a vision of eradicating clubfoot as a disability world wide. Please pray for those leading the conference and those attending as we continue to look to God to heal children physically and spiritually.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Mission Support Center
Kristen Barnett serves as CURE’s Donor Engagement Coordinator. Her husband Alan is scheduled for surgery. Please remember Kristen, Alan, and their new baby as Kristen returns to work in October and as this young couple negotiates details for the upcoming months.
Submitted on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Brad Kulp expressed praise to God for the recovery of his aunt who is recovering from Gullain Barre Syndrome–a potentially fatal illness. Please pray for her as she continues to fight.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:27 am
Remember a friend who is going soon for a bone marrow transplant.
Scott, another CURE friend, has been out of work for a year. His wife suffers from anemia.
Christine has asked for prayer as she deals with kidney stones.
Antonette’s son was in a motorcycle accident which caused a stroke. Pray for her as she struggles with fatigue.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Kim and her husband have been ordained and are seeking God for direction to know where they are being called to minister.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Pray for Ann who is seeking a job and for Ann’s brother-in-law, Bob, in treatments for cancer. Ann is a friend of CURE.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Wayne has asked for prayer to find a church obedient to God’s word. Wayne is a friend of CURE.
Submitted on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 1:26 pm
Remember Kate who is ill with strept throat.
Pray for Angela in financial challenges.
Submitted on Friday, September 29, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Prayer request for a donor, Elsa, who asks for prayer for family in Puerto Rico.
Submitted on Friday, September 29, 2017 at 2:21 pm
One of our friends has experienced flare-ups of mental health issues.
Submitted on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 4:39 pm
Our CURE friend’s 8-year-old son has non-verbal autism. Remember the family in their ongoing care and for this child who struggles to communicate and be understood.
Submitted on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Please pray for a 29-year-old woman who has just begun to experience seizures. Remember her family in their deep concern.
Submitted on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 4:11 pm
A 19-year-old young man is in the midst of many confusing life decisions: where to live, what to do with his business, who he is.
Submitted on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 4:10 pm
From Vickie: Please pray for my nephew who is dealing with emotional and mental illness.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 10:30 pm
Please remember our friend Brooke who asks us to pray for overall health while she’s in school and her schooling in general and for grace to keep God in the center of her relationship.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:24 am
From a mother we recently spoke with at CURE Support Ministry Center: “Please remember my daughter Kimberly who is struggling with addiction.”
Submitted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:22 am
From our friend Lokesh: “Please pray for the children that we are serving and also for him to continue molding himself into who God wants him to be.”
Submitted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:21 am
From a father with whom we recently spoke: “Please pray for my 29 year old son who just relapsed back into alcohol and drugs after 4 1/2 months sober.”
Submitted on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:19 am