Focus Areas: Orthopedics, Plastic, Reconstructive, Anesthesiology, etc.
Residents/Fellows at a CURE Hospital have the opportunity see the incredible transformation, both physically and spiritually, of some of the world’s most vulnerable children living with correctable disabilities. Depending on medical experience and CURE Hospital capacity, Residents/Fellows may have the opportunity to:
• Engage in world-class medical care
• Participate in rounds, and observe in the OR
• Gain practical insight to the treatment of correctable disabilities
• See the holistic process of medical and spiritual care
• Witness the workings of hospital administration
• Experience a different culture
Trip Description: CURE is looking for Residents and Fellows to come alongside our medical co-workers to assist them with patient care. Volunteer opportunities for Residents are subject to schedule availability and staff capacity. In addition, we ask that all volunteers come with an attitude of being a servant and ready to share skills that you have learned from your experience
Trip Length: 2-4 weeks
Trip Dates: Flexible
Trip Location: Kenya, Ethiopia, Malawi, Niger, Philippines, Zambia
Trip Cost: Plane ticket and in-country expenses (accommodations, meals, travel insurance, etc) to be covered by volunteer.
**Please note that CURE cannot grant academic credit, but can work with a volunteers academic institution to help obtain credit.