- Chisomo Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Chisomo?
YouChisomo lives in Malawi and has burn contracture, and in Malawi the sort of specialty medical care Chisomo needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Chisomo who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Chisomo grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Chisomo has a curable disability! But you can change Chisomo's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Chisomo right now. Maybe you can afford the $565 that will provide the care he needs. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Chisomo to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Chisomo
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Malawi of Chisomo's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Chisomo soon will be
This is your chance to change Chisomo's life forever! Help Now
7 years old
- 9 Participants
- 130 Views
- 4 Downloads
- Day 9Chisomo is having another good day in recovery. Check out his preferred method of transport in the ward. His bandage will be removed and his wound will be inspected tomorrow. http://bit.ly/12DNGFf
Thursday May 16, 2013
- Day 8 Here are the pics taken during Chisomo's surgery. Beware - a couple of the images are a bit graphic. He is doing great today and is already moving all over the ward again. http://bit.ly/13l10Nz
Wednesday May 15, 2013
- Day 7Here's a short video clip showing the extent of Chisomo's burns before his operation. http://youtu.be/1dIWncIZK6w
Tuesday May 14, 2013
- Day 3Chisomo Christopher is in recovery at CURE Malawi and doing GREAT. We will post pictures of the actual procedure soon. Learn more at http://bit.ly/141AtHz
Friday May 10, 2013
- Day 2Chisomo Christopher is in surgery at CURE Malawi. Lift this boy up in prayer. His operation may take up to 3 hours as the surgeons have to excise and attach 2 delicate skin grafts. We are in the operating room by Chisomo's side and will share pictures soon. Learn more at http://bit.ly/141AtHz
Thursday May 9, 2013
- Day 1Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning for Chisomo! Follow his progress as we update through his recovery. Please share this boy's life-changing story with friends and family. We hope to meet his funding goal soon but need your help. Lift him up in prayer, big day tomorrow. His arm and elbow will be freed by CURE surgeons, but he will need skin grafts to cover the wounds after the release of the contracted skin.
Wednesday May 8, 2013
- Day 1Chisomo Christopher has arrived at CURE Malawi. Learn more at http://bit.ly/141AtHz
Tuesday May 7, 2013
$1,000 helps CURE Malawi heal Chisomo (FAQ's)