Other kids like Christopher Chirwa who need your support
Christopher's Funding is Closed
- 2 Participants
- 105 Views
- 102 Downloads
- 07/04/2013 Yesterday Christopher dropped by and we found out that he's doing well. Though he's still experiencing some knee stiffness he is able to walk without crutches! It's been a long road for Christopher, but we are excited to see his progress. He has been permanently discharged from CURE!
- 06/27/2013 We didn't see Christopher come in for his appointment this week, but we're guessing that he's probably better than ever. Hope he comes around soon to confirm it!
- 03/28/2013 Though Christopher is still walking with crutches, his knee is much better. As long as he keeps up with physiotherapy, he will soon ditch the crutches!
- 02/20/2013 Things are going well for Christopher. He is now able to flex his knee, whereas it was totally stiff before. It will be another month before we see him again, and hopefully he will be closer to full recovery.
- 02/06/2013 Christopher came to the clinic this morning and had his bandages removed. In this photo he was clearly a bit bored in the waiting room... http://bit.ly/XnGUPG
- 01/25/2013 Christopher had a back-slab applied and will be heading home today. He's been instructed not to skimp on his exercises! He'll be back for check-up at the end of the month. http://bit.ly/WyYRMx
- 01/24/2013 Christopher Chirwa is in recovery at CURE Zambia. Learn more at http://bit.ly/QDg4mm
- 01/24/2013 Christopher arrived yesterday and will be going into the operating room today to have work done on his leg.
- 01/18/2013 Christopher came back on Wednesday and it was decided that he will be readmitted into the children's ward January 23 for another operation. His knee is now completely inflexible and stiff, so we will see what can be done for him.
- 01/09/2013 We didn't see Christopher come in for review today, which most likely means that everything is going well. Hope he's been remembering to do his exercises to get rid of the stiffness in his knee!
- 12/19/2012 After coming for his review today, we found out that Christopher's knee is still sore. As long as he remembers to do his daily exercises, he should improve. He will be coming back in January. http://bit.ly/TYM1oZ
- 12/06/2012 Here the physical therapist is telling him to look ahead when he walks instead of down at his feet. http://bit.ly/RbA6bw
- 12/06/2012 Christopher came back for his review. He was seen by a physical therapist because of the stiffness of his knee. As long as he keeps up with doing his exercises, he won't need to use crutches for too much longer. http://bit.ly/SQvhRQ
- 11/23/2012 Waiting in the clinic to have his bandages changed. He's been instructed to begin exercises on his own. We'll see him again next month! http://bit.ly/10oIOEr
- 11/14/2012 This is a collage of Christopher's tumor removal; yep, that's what is in the plastic bag. It was an amazing surgery! http://bit.ly/ZGSVTO
- 11/13/2012 Christopher's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 11/21/2012
- 11/13/2012 Christopher told me he's excited to go home! He was discharged today but we'll be seeing him again for review on November 21. He's moving around on crutches, but now it's much easier than it was before the surgery. http://bit.ly/W5rYFS
- 11/12/2012 Today Christopher has been feeling well; his leg feels much lighter! Though he's been having pain, they've been giving him pain killers. Here he's resting in bed with his mother sitting nearbyl http://bit.ly/SGuott
- 11/09/2012 Christopher is in recovery at CURE Zambia
- 11/09/2012 Waiting to go into surgery. I asked how he felt, and he replied "no feeling anymore." I would feel blank too! The operation went well; the tumor they took out was massive. Now, to rest! http://bit.ly/VXnlgU
- 11/09/2012 Christopher is receiving treatment at CURE Zambia
- 11/08/2012 Christopher's treatment date has been changed to 11/09/2012 - Christopher made it back to our hospital. They did another crossmatch for blood, and he's anxiously waiting to have his operation on Friday. Pray that everything goes well!
- 11/03/2012 Congratulations! Christopher's funding goal is met!
- 11/01/2012 Christopher's treatment date has been changed to 11/08/2012
- 11/01/2012 Christopher came yesterday to have his blood type taken. It was a quick, in-and-out ordeal, but he'll be back soon in November for his surgery. So excited for him!
- 10/23/2012 Christopher's swollen knee http://bit.ly/RS4Eu7
We must raise $1000 to support this life-changing procedure for Christopher at CURE Zambia. (FAQ's)