- Kamizi Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Kamizi?
YouKamizi lives in Zambia and has a back problem, and in Zambia the sort of specialty medical care Kamizi needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Kamizi who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Kamizi grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Kamizi has a curable disability! But you can change Kamizi's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Kamizi right now. Maybe you can afford the $480 that will provide the care she needs. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Kamizi to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Kamizi
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Zambia of Kamizi's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Kamizi soon will be
This is your chance to change Kamizi's life forever! Help Now
17 years old
- 3 Participants
- 16 Views
- 5 Downloads
- Day 92Kamizi is back at CURE, but there are no plans to do surgery. When we first met her in February, her bed sores/ulcers needed to heal before she could have surgery. This process has taken a long time, long enough for her fracture to heal partially. Now Kamizi is able to sit up! Our neurosurgeon has decided it would be best to provide a back brace (think of a corset) to help stabilize her spine and give her the ability to sit in a wheelchair. Surgery is too risky at this point, but we will keep you updated if things change! http://bit.ly/10RwizZ
Thursday May 16, 2013
- Day 49We learned that the spinal surgeons will most likely be coming in October. It will be many months before we see Kamizi again, but we sure are looking forward to it.
Wednesday April 3, 2013
- Day 6This morning Kamizi and her mother moved out of Beit CURE's children's ward and into Maluba House, which is sort of a nursing home for kids. They will be staying there until spinal surgeons come to visit Beit CURE Hospital in a few months. We're told that Maluba is quite comfortable and lovely, so it's good to know Kamizi will be well taken care of.
Tuesday February 19, 2013
- Day 2In this X-ray (one of many for Kamizi) it is pretty clear where the problem is. Part of her spine is crushed and displaced. http://bit.ly/XK4ZEc
Friday February 15, 2013
- Day 1Kamizi Petulo has arrived at CURE Zambia. Learn more at http://bit.ly/XAYCCU
Wednesday February 13, 2013