Other kids like Lollencia Tembo who need your support
- Lollencia Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Lollencia?
YouLollencia lives in Malawi and has clubfoot, and in Malawi the sort of specialty medical care Lollencia needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Lollencia who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Lollencia grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Lollencia has a curable disability! But you can change Lollencia's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Lollencia right now. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Lollencia to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Lollencia
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Malawi of Lollencia's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Lollencia soon will be
This is your chance to change Lollencia's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 01/14/2013
- At CURE On 02/10/2013
- Operated On 02/19/2013
- Scheduled For 04/16/2013
6 years old
- 2 Participants
- 51 Views
- 14 Downloads
- Day 13Lollencia Tembo was discharged from CURE Malawi and is scheduled for a future follow up appointment on April 16 at Mzuzu Hospital near her home. Learn more at http://bit.ly/VRghZ0
Monday February 25, 2013
- Day 10Pictures from Lollencia's surgery are up. She's staying busy making faces at everyone in the ward, hilarious faces. Her parents are domestic farmers and her dad tells us that Lollenica likes to sing when she's at home. We hope to hear her voice before she leaves.
Friday February 22, 2013
- Day 9Lollencia Tembo is in recovery at CURE Malawi. More pics of her surgery will be posted soon. She is doing well and is scheduled to go home early next week. Learn more at http://bit.ly/VRghZ0
Thursday February 21, 2013
- Day 7Her blood work results are back and she has been cleared for surgery today. Pray for her, just a few minutes before she's taken back to the operating room. Learn more at http://bit.ly/VRghZ0
Tuesday February 19, 2013
- Day 2Congratulations! We met Lollencia's funding goal together!
Thursday February 14, 2013
- Day 2Lollencia was quiet today but that's not out of the ordinary. The doctors decided that she will be scheduled for surgery early next week. She will stay here at CURE over the weekend and her blood will be checked on sunday.
Thursday February 14, 2013
- Day 1Her dad told us that Lollencia has been plagued by her clubfoot for over 5 years. He is very thankful to be at CURE with his daughter but is worried about transport back home. He didn't bring enough funds to pay for public transport roundtrip. We told him not to worry about it, to focus only on making Lollencia comfortable before her operation.
Wednesday February 13, 2013
- Day 1Lollencia Tembo has arrived at CURE Malawi. Learn more at http://bit.ly/VRghZ0
Tuesday February 12, 2013