Other kids like Glory Kachibade who need your support
- Glory Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Glory?
YouGlory lives in Malawi and has extra digits, and in Malawi the sort of specialty medical care Glory needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Glory who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Glory grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Glory has a curable disability! But you can change Glory's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Glory right now. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Glory to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Glory
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Malawi of Glory's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Glory soon will be
This is your chance to change Glory's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 02/12/2013
- At CURE On 03/05/2013
- Operated On 03/11/2013
- Scheduled For 04/16/2013
- Closed On 04/29/2013
3 years old
- 4 Participants
- 227 Views
- 18 Downloads
- Day 71Congratulations! We met Glory's funding goal together!
Thursday April 25, 2013
- Day 34Glory was back today for wound inspection. The stitches and wound look healthy, she received fresh dressing and will be seen once more before completing her case. The k-wires are still inserted in both big toes to hold alignment until the wounds heal completely. http://bit.ly/ZHX8WU
Tuesday March 19, 2013
- Day 33Glory Kachibade was discharged from CURE Malawi over the weekend and is scheduled for review tomorrow. Learn more at http://bit.ly/WluWZv
Monday March 18, 2013
- Day 29Glory Kachibade is in recovery at CURE Malawi. Extraction operations aren't a complicated process and the recovery timeframe is fairly short. However, Glory is a confused 3 year old so she is having a rough time trying to get comfortable with two bandaged feet. Learn more at http://bit.ly/WluWZv
Thursday March 14, 2013
- Day 26Glory Kachibade is being prepped for surgery at CURE Malawi. She will be the first operation of the morning, pray for her. Will update when she makes it back to the ward for recovery. Will upload photos of her surgery as well. Learn more at http://bit.ly/WluWZv
Monday March 11, 2013
- Day 20Glory Kachibade is back at CURE Malawi. The wounds have healed on her legs and she should be given the green light for surgery this week. She has been very cooperative for a 3 year old which is actually quite amazing. Pray for this special girl this week. Learn more at http://bit.ly/WluWZv
Tuesday March 5, 2013
- Day 15Glory was discharged because of open wounds on her feet and legs that need to heal before the operation, very common among village children. She was given antibiotics to fight any infection and she is scheduled to return on March 5 for admission and rescheduled surgery.
Thursday February 28, 2013
- Day 1We just met Glory Kachibade at the general clinic and the CURE doctors scheduled her for admission later this month. She has an extra digit on both feet that will need to be excised. Learn more at http://bit.ly/WluWZv
Wednesday February 13, 2013