- Murere Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Murere?
YouMurere lives in Kenya and has a leg problem, and in Kenya the sort of specialty medical care Murere needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Murere who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Murere grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Murere has a curable disability! But you can change Murere's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Murere right now. Maybe you can afford the $1000 that will provide the care he needs. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Murere to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Murere
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Kenya of Murere's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Murere soon will be
This is your chance to change Murere's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 10/14/2012
- Scheduled For 04/03/2013
- Closed On 04/05/2013
12 years old
- 11 Participants
- 546 Views
- 60 Downloads
- Day 172We've had to archive his case, but if we're able to connect with him again, we'll let you know! Thanks for your support, and please pray that his guardians eventually allow him to get the treatment he needs.
Friday April 5, 2013
- Day 100We still have not heard from Murere and his sponsors, but we are hoping we will soon. Meanwhile, please continue praying that he is well and that they will make surgery plans soon.
Wednesday January 23, 2013
- Day 33Congratulations! Murere's funding goal is met!
Saturday November 17, 2012
- Day 17Murere's treatment date has been changed to 01/09/2013 - So, we still have no word from Murere's guardians as to when they want him to go through the surgery. Please be patient and we will let you know as soon as they get back to us.
Thursday November 1, 2012
- Day 1Trying to hide his smile, but unsuccessfully :) http://bit.ly/WmYFS4
Monday October 15, 2012