Other kids like Mary Wairimu Gathoni who need your support
Mary's Funding is Closed
- 27 Participants
- 737 Views
- 118 Downloads
- 07/03/2014 Mary during her follow up yesterday in Kijabe. She was being tested for flexion and contraction of her knee post surgery on her right leg. There is much to be grateful for in regards to the progress she has made and we hope she will keep on the positive trend. She has a 6cm discrepancy for which we plan on fabricating a shoe raise for her. We hope to see her again in a few months.
- 06/19/2014 Mary came in for her followup appointment yesterday and was shown range of motion exercises that she needs to start doing. She was able to extend her leg from 0-90º unassisted and 0-100º with assistance. She is scheduled to be back in 2 weeks for another followup and to get an x-ray. Stay tuned for her next update.
- 05/21/2014 Mary is doing well as per her last follow up earlier this month. She got off the long leg cast and the pins that had been put on her surgery site were removed then a cylinder cast was applied. Her next review will be in June. Here is a link to the photos we took of her during that last review. • http://bit.ly/T6emjC • http://bit.ly/1svFcMf
- 03/25/2014 Mary went home today. We were going to get a picture of her on crutches leaving the hospital, but she snuck out on us! Haha! We will have to get another picture of her when she comes in for her cast removal which should be May 7th. We will keep you updated with her progress.
- 03/24/2014 Mary went into surgery on Thursday to correct her remaining knock knee. She was awake the whole time and was listening to music and talking to our anesthetist John. She even wanted to see the surgery photos while she was still under the knife. We politely refused. :) http://bit.ly/1m1YBTt
- 03/19/2014 Check out who showed up for her followup surgery today! #WHAT!? Here is a pic of her legs now, http://bit.ly/1eRlN1O That's quite a difference from before her first surgery here at CURE Kenya! We hope and pray that surgery will go smoothly tomorrow and the right leg will be just as straight as her left!
- 11/07/2013 Mary has still not come for follow up or to tell us when they intend to come for surgery, so all we can continue to do is to pray and wait for her to show up.
- 07/30/2013 Unfortunately still no sign of Mary, when we last had her in the hospital it was in April. Patience is a virtue, so we continue to wait, patiently for her.
- 05/15/2013 Mary missed her hospital appointment today... We will be looking out for her on Wednesday at our out patient clinic.
- 04/26/2013 Mary was here for clinic, but unfortunately we were not able to get a photo for her, she continues to do well and we thank God. Talks on getting surgery to her left leg continue, so God willing when she comes back n three weeks, we will know when the surgery will be.
- 02/25/2013 Mary came for the clinic on Wednesday but somehow we missed her, she is doing well according to the doctors who saw her. She was encouraged to begin trying to ambulate without crutches and then we will review her again in two months.
- 01/09/2013 Mary just after she had her first cast removed today. Her leg is looking good, so all we did was recast her and then send her home for another four weeks. We will see her again next month.
- 12/04/2012 Mary Wairimu Gathoni was discharged from CURE Kenya and is scheduled for a future follow up appointment. We will see our sweet girl again Jan 9th for a review! Learn more at http://bit.ly/RtzclJ
- 12/03/2012 Mary has left us! We will see her again in just a couple weeks for a review and check up! Continue to pray for our girl as she recovers at home!
- 11/30/2012 We just went into the ward to check on Mary and she told us she is still so very sleepy! She will be with us over the weekend! Updates to come!
- 11/28/2012 It turns out Mary's knee has been dislocated for a long time, doctors were shocked to see her petella tendon running along the right side of her leg. All is good now, here are some pictures from her procedure. http://bit.ly/TmZ96L
- 11/28/2012 Mary Wairimu Gathoni is in surgery at CURE Kenya. Learn more at http://bit.ly/RtzclJ
- 11/27/2012 Mary was on the surgery board for today, but has been cancelled! We will keep ya'll updated for when she is heading back to the OR! Stay tuned!
- 11/12/2012 Congratulations! Mary's funding goal is met!
- 10/15/2012 Here Mary is with her Grandmother Emily! http://bit.ly/QgRQMd
- 10/15/2012 A new photo for Mary Wairimu Gathoni http://bit.ly/RtzHvS
- 10/15/2012 A new photo for Mary Wairimu Gathoni http://bit.ly/QgRnK6
- 10/15/2012 A new photo for Mary Wairimu Gathoni http://bit.ly/QgRcyq