Other kids like Lazarus Mukosi who need your support
Lazarus's Funding is Closed
- 2 Participants
- 127 Views
- 108 Downloads
- 05/09/2014 A photo of Lazarus from yesterday's review. Even though he has been wearing his braces he has not been doing so with socks, so now he has some marks from being pinched by the shoes and braces. The braces were also worn out and needed a bit of repair. He is now on a six month break from clinic.
- 12/02/2013 Lazurus got his cast removed- without much struggle :-). Plans are underway to get him a brace for his right leg so that the condition does not reoccur. We will review him again in the new year.
- 10/09/2013 Lets be looking out for him when we return to his home town, Machakos for a mobile clinic.
- 08/14/2013 Lazarus made his way to our hospital last week and had surgery to his right foot. He has already been discharged and will be coming to Kijabe for removal of the first cast in about five weeks. http://cure.org/curekids/kenya/2013/08/lazarus_mukosi/
- 05/02/2013 Lazurus has not yet showed up and the clinic is almost over...another no show :-( I bet we can continue to hope, let us try again in August.
- 02/01/2013 Our boy Lazurus was a no show ☹
- 11/12/2012 Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 01/31/2013 - Lazarus wasn't at clinic last week! We are scheduling him for a follow up review in Jan. Lets hope he makes it in !!
- 09/14/2012 Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 11/08/2012 - He missed his appointment yesterday, but he is already on the brace so I am not too worried about him. God willing though, we shall see him in November.
- 05/24/2012 Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 09/13/2012
- 05/24/2012 Lazurus just made my day at the mobile clinic. He was so scared of the cast cutter, he opted for the tedious process of wetting his cast to get it off using water in a basin. The process took him a good forty five minutes :-) His foot is looking good, he has now moved from the casting process and into the brace. We hope to see him again in September. http://bit.ly/KDlW8w
- 03/30/2012 Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 05/24/2012
- 03/30/2012 Lazarus showed up for her follow up, he was happy to get the first cast off,but that only lasted for a short time. The orthopedic team measured plastic braces for him then he was back on cast again. We see him again in Machakos when he comes to pick up his braces. http://bit.ly/HnpV7S
- 01/27/2012 Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 03/29/2012
- 01/24/2012 After being given anaesthesia by John, Lazurus’ leg was cleaned up thoroughly then Dr. Mbugua corrected Lazarus’s neglected clubfoot. He carefully got rid of extra bone that was preventing the foot from staying in the right position, he then aligned it correctly, stitched him back up then he was plastered. http://bit.ly/xED4HX
- 01/23/2012 Lazarus is in recovery at CURE Kenya - Lazurus is now with us for the next couple of days. After arriving here safely, he went through a successful surgery. I have a few photos of what happened in the operating room which I shall be posting soon.
- 01/05/2012 Just 18 days till we see Lazarus again :)
- 12/13/2011 Congratulations! Lazarus's funding goal is met!
- 12/09/2011 Lazarus with his superwoman aunt Damiana :) http://bit.ly/uB8wEZ