Other kids like Lazarus Mukosi who need your support
- Lazarus Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Lazarus?
YouLazarus lives in Kenya and has clubfoot, and in Kenya the sort of specialty medical care Lazarus needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Lazarus who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Lazarus grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Lazarus has a curable disability! But you can change Lazarus's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Lazarus right now. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Lazarus to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Lazarus
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Kenya of Lazarus's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Lazarus soon will be
This is your chance to change Lazarus's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 12/09/2011
- At CURE On 12/09/2011
- Operated On 11/12/2012
- Scheduled For 08/08/2013
11 years old
- 1 Participants
- 94 Views
- 48 Downloads
- Day 510Lazurus has not yet showed up and the clinic is almost over...another no show :-( I bet we can continue to hope, let us try again in August.
Thursday May 2, 2013
- Day 420Our boy Lazurus was a no show ☹
Friday February 1, 2013
- Day 339Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 01/31/2013 - Lazarus wasn't at clinic last week! We are scheduling him for a follow up review in Jan. Lets hope he makes it in !!
Monday November 12, 2012
- Day 280Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 11/08/2012 - He missed his appointment yesterday, but he is already on the brace so I am not too worried about him. God willing though, we shall see him in November.
Friday September 14, 2012
- Day 167Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 09/13/2012
Thursday May 24, 2012
- Day 167Lazurus just made my day at the mobile clinic. He was so scared of the cast cutter, he opted for the tedious process of wetting his cast to get it off using water in a basin. The process took him a good forty five minutes :-) His foot is looking good, he has now moved from the casting process and into the brace. We hope to see him again in September. http://bit.ly/KDlW8w
Thursday May 24, 2012
- Day 112Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 05/24/2012
Friday March 30, 2012
- Day 112Lazarus showed up for her follow up, he was happy to get the first cast off,but that only lasted for a short time. The orthopedic team measured plastic braces for him then he was back on cast again. We see him again in Machakos when he comes to pick up his braces. http://bit.ly/HnpV7S
Friday March 30, 2012
- Day 49Lazarus's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 03/29/2012
Friday January 27, 2012
- Day 46After being given anaesthesia by John, Lazurus’ leg was cleaned up thoroughly then Dr. Mbugua corrected Lazarus’s neglected clubfoot. He carefully got rid of extra bone that was preventing the foot from staying in the right position, he then aligned it correctly, stitched him back up then he was plastered. http://bit.ly/xED4HX
Tuesday January 24, 2012
- Day 45Lazarus is in recovery at CURE Kenya - Lazurus is now with us for the next couple of days. After arriving here safely, he went through a successful surgery. I have a few photos of what happened in the operating room which I shall be posting soon.
Monday January 23, 2012
- Day 27Just 18 days till we see Lazarus again :)
Thursday January 5, 2012
- Day 4Congratulations! Lazarus's funding goal is met!
Tuesday December 13, 2011
- Day 1Lazarus with his superwoman aunt Damiana :) http://bit.ly/uB8wEZ
Friday December 9, 2011