Other kids like Ervin Okoth who need your support
Ervin's case has been archived
- 3 Participants
- 1060 Views
- 79 Downloads
- 01/16/2014 We missed him when we visited Kisumu on Tuesday, because he did not show up for his appointment. We hope he will be there when we go back there in a few months.
- 12/02/2013 With Ervin's condition, it takes a while to notice much progress. As we examined him last month- there was evidence of a bit of bowing and external rotation and that means there is need for additional surgery for him. He will need to come with X-rays during our next visit to his home town to help the doctors decide on the way forward.
- 10/04/2013 They did not show up at the clinic again, we believe they are still thinking about if and when they want another surgery. God willing we will be looking out for them again in November.
- 01/22/2013 Ervin and his mother came for the clinic today, but the doctors held off on talks of another surgery. He will be kept under observation for another six months before we see him again.
- 01/07/2013 Ervin and his mother came for the mobile clinic in Kisumu when we visited it last. The doctor’s think that he might need additional surgery, so we hope to ascertain that when we see him again.
- 09/14/2012 Ervin's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 11/23/2012
- 09/14/2012 Ervin is leaving us today! We will see him again for a check up at our mobile clinic in Kisumu ! : ) !! http://bit.ly/Q8ntYV
- 09/11/2012 Ervin is in recovery at CURE Kenya
- 09/11/2012 Ervins surgery went great! Doctors were able to cut the tibia and fibula, add a pin and make the lower leg straight! http://bit.ly/ObvkmQ
- 09/11/2012 Ervin is receiving treatment at CURE Kenya - He his heading back everybody! Pictures and updates to come, stay tuned!!
- 09/11/2012 Ervin has arrived at CURE Kenya - SURPRISE SURPRISE!!! Look who just showed up for surgery!!
- 07/03/2012 Ervin's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 10/23/2012 - He missed his appointment today and the number that his guardian gave us was switched off today when we tried calling her. But he has not missed too many appointments so I am not too worried. Either way, I pray that he is well, and would appreciate if you too, whispered a prayer for him. Hoping to see him during our next clinic in Kisumu come October.
- 05/08/2012 Ervin's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 07/03/2012 - Today was the first time that Ervin missed his clinic, but I want to trust that he is doing well. Please whisper a prayer for him and hang on until the next clinic where hopefully I will have something to report.
- 03/13/2012 Ervin's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 05/08/2012 - Ervin and his mother were faithful to their appointment, as always. His cast was all worn out, the doctors were happy about his progress, there was good alignment and correction. He might need another surgery to remove the rod on his leg later this year, but I will keep you posted. Thanks for hanging in there.
- 01/18/2012 Ervin's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 03/13/2012
- 01/18/2012 Ervin and his mom were in hospital early. He had his cast removed, then the doctors checked his wound and confirmed that it was healing well. Miriam our physiotherapist then put him on a short leg cast. We see him again in March in Kisumu. http://bit.ly/y9SB2O
- 11/20/2011 So he definitely got his cast change, but doctors wanted to make sure his leg didn't swell so he ended up staying Friday. But all was well yesterday, so he and his mom headed home! You're support is so appreciated, and I hope you'll continue praying for his healing till we see him again in the new year! http://bit.ly/tM4ltA
- 11/20/2011 Ervin's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 01/17/2012
- 11/17/2011 Ervin really makes you work for a smile, so I felt pretty accomplished about capturing his grin today. He'll get a cast change tomorrow & if everything looks good, he'll be given the "ok" to head home! http://bit.ly/uls1rL
- 11/15/2011 Ervin is in recovery at CURE Kenya
- 11/15/2011 His surgery went so well! Here's a picture overview of what happened...doctors removed his bowed tibia, cut it into a couple pieces (some of which they turned around to create a new straight bone), then put a rod through the realigned pieces & put it back in his leg. Not kidding. If that doesn't put you in awe of how God designed our bodies to heal, I don't know what will :) http://bit.ly/t60ZEI
- 11/15/2011 Congratulations! Ervin's funding goal is met!
- 11/15/2011 Getting ready to head in to surgery! http://bit.ly/ufdJd4
- 11/14/2011 Ervin's treatment date has been changed to 11/15/2011 - I just knew that scheduling would be tentative...he's been bumped to tomorrow :)
- 11/14/2011 Look who's here! Ervin and his mom made it here safely, and he's scheduled for surgery today, but stay tuned for updates! http://bit.ly/tK2kHK
- 11/14/2011 Ervin has arrived at CURE Kenya
- 11/02/2011 14th November is drawing nearer, so in less than two weeks we hope to see Ervin, please be praying for him as he prepares to to come to CURE for his surgery and more so for his support.
- 09/22/2011 I might not know what Ervin needs today, but I'm pretty sure prayer wouldn't hurt! So if you have a minute, please talk to God on his behalf :)
- 08/19/2011 Meet Ervin :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwCz7NQ-FNc