- Zoe Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Zoe?
YouZoe lives in Dominican Republic and has a hip deformity, and in Dominican Republic the sort of specialty medical care Zoe needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Zoe who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Zoe grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Zoe has a curable disability! But you can change Zoe's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Zoe right now. Maybe you can afford the $1990 that will provide the care she needs. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Zoe to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Zoe
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Dominican Republic of Zoe's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Zoe soon will be
This is your chance to change Zoe's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 10/10/2012
- At CURE On 10/11/2012
- Operated On 10/12/2012
- Scheduled For 11/30/2012
- Closed On 03/09/2013
6 years old
- 5 Participants
- 120 Views
- 40 Downloads
- Day 4Zoe's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 10/26/2012 - Zoe was discharged this weekend from the hospital and will return for her follow up on two weeks to check on her casts!!
Sunday October 14, 2012
- Day 2Zoe is in recovery at CURE Dominican Republic - After eight and a half hours, Zoe is finished with her procedure and in her room sleeping off her anesthetics! She's doing great! Dr Ruggles and Santana have dropped the hip alignment, and inserted a casted rod in her left leg. This will prevent her from moving or unaligning their placement. When the casts come off in six weeks, Zoe will be able to walk upright, possibly for the first time in her life with no assistance!!!
Friday October 12, 2012
- Day 2Zoe is receiving treatment at CURE Dominican Republic
Friday October 12, 2012
- Day 1Zoe has arrived at CURE Dominican Republic - Zoe Coleca is in the building! She is currently getting checked into the hospital for her surgical procedure tomorrow! She will be here tomorrow through Saturday! Normally we don't take patients over the weekend, but in this case, we had on staff call in that would help out in order for her to get her procedure. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers. This is only her first step here of many more to come!
Thursday October 11, 2012
- Day 1Zoe Coleca! http://bit.ly/Qj1ijr
Wednesday October 10, 2012