Other kids like Daniel Alcalza who need your support
- Daniel Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Daniel?
YouDaniel lives in Dominican Republic and has amniotic band syndrome, and in Dominican Republic the sort of specialty medical care Daniel needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Daniel who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Daniel grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Daniel has a curable disability! But you can change Daniel's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Daniel right now. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Daniel to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Daniel
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Dominican Republic of Daniel's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Daniel soon will be
This is your chance to change Daniel's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 10/05/2012
- At CURE On 10/05/2012
- Operated On 10/30/2012
- Scheduled For 10/30/2012
- Closed On 03/09/2013
2 years old
- 5 Participants
- 109 Views
- 27 Downloads
- Day 27Congratulations! Daniel's funding goal is met!
Tuesday October 30, 2012
- Day 3Well, our little race car driver has finally left the building and headed home! We're set to see him again at the end of the month, so please keep those prayers comin'!
Friday October 5, 2012
- Day 3He's baaackkkk!! Daniel is back to playing with his toy cars and watching "Dora and Diego". Deja Vu! http://bit.ly/Ur5aFf
Friday October 5, 2012
- Day 3Daniel is up and driving his cars on me once more!! After a lengthy operation, and a not so happy "I just woke up from surgery" Daniel, he's once again smiling and back to his former self. Now he's looking even better than I could have expected. When Dr. Ruggles told me he planned to give Daniel two new hands, I wasn't sure how accurate that description would be. Looking at the before pictures to the final picture of the surgery collage, you can visibly tell the difference already! Daniel has one more operation to finish the liberation of his individual digits on his right hand. After this procedure on October 26, Dr. Ruggles will then determine if everything is in perfect condition. If so, Daniel will be done with surgeries for the time being. If he wiggles around in his casting before the bones are properly set, he may have to undergo more procedures. His process will be lengthy and difficult, but as I saw just a little bit ago, this doesn't faze him one bit. His mother cried and cried and hugged me. She endlessly thanked me for the joy that our staff and our friends back home in the States who support our mission have given her and her son. She says he can't stop smiling, and he hasn't even seen his new hands. I told her, "They have five complete fingers and almost look like mine and yours, senorita," and she fell on her knees before the Lord, and asked if Dr. Ruggles and I were angels. I told her no, but that God has instilled in us a will to help serve her in honor and representation of Him. Daniel and his mother need all the support they can get, and his time here is far from over. I praise God that Daniel and his mother are not only being healed physically, but through the Spirit as well. http://bit.ly/Wyxoet
Friday October 5, 2012
- Day 2What a transformation! WOW! Daniel just got out of surgery. He had the first of his two procedures earlier this afternoon! Dr. Ruggles seperated the conjoined fingers of his right hand, so he now has five functional digits, just like other kids his age! He is now in recovery, and needs prayers and support, and this is only the first step in his transformation. I will put updates as soon as he is in better spirits. To say that he is upset would be an understatement, as he is VERY frustrated that the casts he has on his hands are preventing him from playing with his toy cars.. http://bit.ly/Q1ngYY
Thursday October 4, 2012
- Day 1Here's our future race car driver, Daniel! A new patient here at CUREkids DR! http://bit.ly/Q1mLOQ
Wednesday October 3, 2012