- Ali Needs a CURE
What is CUREkids and who is Ali?
YouAli lives in Afghanistan and has cleft palate, and in Afghanistan the sort of specialty medical care Ali needs is scarce. There are 100 million children in the world just like Ali who have little hope for the future.Many can't play with their friends or go to school, and when Ali grows up, things that we hope for like marriage or finding a job will be difficult or impossible...all because Ali has a curable disability! But you can change Ali's life forever.
- You can help
What can you do?
You can help Ali right now. Maybe you can offer $30. Or maybe you can introduce Ali to others who can help...
- A Community Solution
Be a part of something bigger than you
When you join CUREkids, you're getting involved in something much bigger than you. You're joining a community of people from across the U.S. and around the world that are committed to making a lasting difference in the life of a child who has a curable disability: Ali
CUREkids builds Communities
focused around one thing:
Healing a Child
- Results that Matter
See how healing changes everything
We all want proof that our gifts are making a difference, and CUREkids offers real results that really matter. Together, we'll see the before and after photos online from Afghanistan of Ali's treatment and we'll send updates to you through email and Facebook.
This boy (Alfred) was healed as Ali soon will be
This is your chance to change Ali's life forever! Help Now
- Seen in Clinic 01/13/2012
- At CURE On 01/13/2012
- Operated On 09/25/2012
- Scheduled For 09/28/2012
- 4266 Participants
- 59965 Views
- 100 Downloads
- Day 452Check out the new photos of Ali Sina! CURE doctors report that his cleft condition has healed very well and further surgery shouldn't be necessary! Thank you for being a part of his journey. http://www.flickr.com/photos/helpcurenow/8673665715
- Day 242Ali's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 09/28/2012 - Ali headed home from the hospital today. We have him scheduled to return to the hospital at the end of the week for a followup appointment. Please keep he and his family in your prayers.
- Day 242Ali Sina moved from surgery into recovery at CURE Afghanistan. He's looking smart! We hope he and his mother can return home in the next day or two. http://www.flickr.com/photos/helpcurenow/8021991708
- Day 242For those interested in the details, here's Ali's palate before ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/helpcurenow/8021986605 ) and after ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/helpcurenow/8021988325 ) his surgery.
- Day 242Ali's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 09/23/2012
- Day 239Ali's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 09/19/2012
- Day 239Hey K-LOVE friends, we have great news to share! This week, Ali Sina returned to CURE Afghanistan for his cleft palate surgery. We'll have picture updates from his procedure next week but for now check out the little guy on Mom's lap. He is getting big! Can you believe it was 7 months ago when Scott Smith went there for for Ali's first surgery? http://bit.ly/PITqYU
- Day 109Ali's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 09/09/2012
- Day 109Look at that smile! We'll see Ali again at his next surgery in mid September http://bit.ly/L4aof3
- Day 109Ali Sina at his latest checkup http://bit.ly/JaON9O
- Day 47Ali Sina made is checkup appointment this week, and he's already looking like a new boy (check out that smile)! He's scheduled for his next followup on April 9. http://bit.ly/xB64Hv
- Day 47Ali's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 04/09/2012
- Day 39Ali's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 03/12/2012 - Ali's tentatively scheduled for a followup appointment next Monday, but his next surgery will be almost 7 months from now. In the meantime, here's another photo of the little guy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/helpcurenow/6813558560
- Day 38Here's a video with K-LOVE's Scott Smith on the day after Ali's life-changing surgery. The little guy won't let go of Scott's hand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKRxm0wRkj8
- Day 38Check out this video of K-LOVE's Scott's Smith during Ali's surgery last Tuesday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSI7aiiTclc
- Day 35Ali's follow up appointment has been scheduled for 03/05/2012 - The little guy and his mother checked out of the hospital late yesterday. He's scheduled for a quick followup appointment early next week, but his next surgery will happen about 7 months from now when he's closer to 1 year old. We'll share a picture and updated next surgery date Monday or Tuesday of next week. Thanks for your continued prayers.
- Day 33We got a chance to see Ali this morning in Kabul! He was looking great, and his Mom was so pleased. Here's a great pic of the little guy holding the finger of Scott Smith from K-LOVE http://bit.ly/Avgd0a
- Day 32Ali Sina, just after surgery. We'll have more updates once he's awake and recovered. http://bit.ly/Ae0JVB
- Day 32Ali Sina with his Mom, just before surgery http://bit.ly/zJocGz
- Day Ali's surgery went very well. Thank you to everyone who followed along with the live updates and pictures at http://www.facebook.com/events/327458260639545/
- Day 29Ali's surgery is getting so close now! Pray for safety in Afghanistan and for no chest infections (its winter and he's a little guy) that could cause the surgery to be delayed. Lord-willing you'll be able to follow updates live from Ali's surgery at http://facebook.com/cureinternational at 10:30PM EST/7:30PM PST on Monday night, February 27!
- Day 19Meet Ali Sina from Afghanistan. Scott Smith from K-LOVE will be in Kabul to witness Ali's life-changing surgery on Feb 28. Please pray for Ali and his family. Follow his story at: http://cure.org/curekids/afghanistan/2012/01/ali_sina/
- Day 1Ali from Kabul with his mother http://bit.ly/z3Ybli
- Day 1Ali Sina with his oldest brother http://bit.ly/xRWeve
$1,000 helps CURE Afghanistan heal Ali (FAQ's)